Apple.com Pre-Order for multiple lines/phones how does it work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kromix, Oct 4, 2011.

1. kromix macrumors member

Sorry for the stupid question guys but I have never pre-ordered an iphone, recently switched from T-Mobile.

I plan to stay up Thursday night and pre-order at midnight-3am whatever time its available.

My question is: I have 2 lines on my AT&T account, both will be pre-ordered, can I do both at once from my Apple ID, or do I need to pre order each phone with its own apple ID login separately ? We are on a family plan.

2. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I'm wondering about this as I would like to buy my wife and I iPhone 5's via apple.com. Anyone know from experience?

3. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

4. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Anyone else have any input? Were you able to do it without going thru checkout twice?

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I would check Apple website now to see if you are able to upgrade now without having to check out twice and that may be your answer.

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

Correct in the past on Apple.com store you had to do the upgrades one at a time. Also currently it is the same way.

We don't know if there will be any changes this year.

Dave

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I spoke with an Apple rep. yesterday, and he confirmed this. I had asked about upgrading both my phone & my wife's (we're on VZW with ShareEverything), and the rep. said I would have to do them separately even though it's one plan, one bill, etc.

Also, we're both on feature phones currently, so I can't speak to the point about Apple ID logins.

8. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I was wondering about this. Good to know. Going to suck doing the painful process 3 times. Hopefully it runs smoother this year than 2 years ago when I got my 4. Took me 6 hours, which I won't be doing 3 times.

9. kromix thread starter macrumors member

Wow blast from the past, thanks for bringing back my year old thread :) :p