Apple.com pre-order gift card issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kokesh, Jun 16, 2010.

1. kokesh macrumors regular

So I ordered my iPhone last night through Apple and paid via $100 Apple Store gift card and the rest with a Visa debit card.

The total order amount was $350.96 and today my bank account is showing $352.96 withdrawn. (Presumably includes 2 x $1 authorization transactions). The order confirmation page (right before I hit the submit order button) showed $350.96 - $100 gift card = $250.96 charged to my Visa.

So it appears that Apple charged the full amount to my visa and didn't apply the gift card to the order. The payment section of my order status page just lists my Visa (not sure if they normally even show gift cards in the order status page) and I tried calling Apple but they're not taking calls.

Anyone else use a gift card for an Apple Store preorder? Like I said, it appeared to work when I was ordering, but now it doesn't seem like it used the gift card in the purchase.

2. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I pre ordered using a $200 Apple gift card and paid $119 on my debit card. I just checked my account and they only charged me the $119 and two $1 charges, therefore the gift card went through. I wonder why it didn't for you?

3. kokesh thread starter macrumors regular

Damn, I just checked the gift card balance on the Apple Store and it said it was $100 , so it didn't go through on the purchase. I wonder if it's worth calling Apple and trying to get them to apply the gift card or if I should just save it for a future purchase.

4. orange42 macrumors 6502a

If it was like $20 I'd say just save it, but $100 is kind of a lot. You might as well try.