Apple.com Pre-order Shipping Costs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tek210, Jun 13, 2010.

1. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

Leaning towards pre-ordering thru Apple and having it shipped to my house, but if the shipping costs are to pricey for release day delivery I am thinking about pre-ordering for pickup at RadioShack. One 5 mins away.

Anyone know what I could expect for the shipping? Could it possibly be free for release day shipment?

2. oldschooldude macrumors regular

I do not know about RS, but Apple's website indicates free shipping.

3. S.beezy macrumors newbie

I would assume that apples shipping would be free

4. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

It should be free. Per apple.com all orders over $50 receives free shipping.

5. KingHuds macrumors 6502

A little search could have found your answer, but yes shipping is free, no one knows if it will be release day shipping for sure, but when the 3GS was released it was shipped to arrive on release day.

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

It will be shipped to your house for release day free.

7. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I love how they announce it like they are cutting us a nice break, when we would have already gotten it! :D

8. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

Apple always gives free shipping on release day for things like this. Matter of fact, I became so used to free release day shipping with Apple that when I went to order COD Modern Warfare 2, I was mad when it was like $25 for guaranteed delivery the day after release.

Apple pre-ordering is always the best bet, have it on your doorstep on release day for no extra than you would pay in store. Why wait in line? I enjoyed the comfort of my oversized chair on iPad launch day until my iPad showed up around 10. :D

9. tek210 thread starter macrumors regular

tek210

Good news. I remembered that apple had free shipping but I was thinking that was for ground. Looks like this is still the simplest option. Work 7-11 that day and then gorge myself in the tech.

10. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

No, they announce it in order to prevent millions of questions about how much shipping will cost. This thread proves they were not 100% successful.

11. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

I hate being indecisive...

I still cannot decide from which to preorder for shipment - Apple.com or ATT.com.
    Apple has free shipping; I'm not sure about ATT.
    ATT will waive my $18 upgrade fee; not sure if I can do that if I order through Apple.
    And I want it on launch day, obviously; not sure if ATT is entirely reliable with that.

I'm curious...for online-for-shipment preorders...who is everyone choosing?

And lastly, I'm wondering if ATT.com's website will go live for preorders the same time as Apple, whenever that may be since we still don't know yet.

12. christf10 macrumors member

christf10

I am pretty sure that the upgrade fee is waived no matter where you purchase from. AT&T does not care about selling the hardware as much as they care about having you commit to another 2 years.

13. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I believe AT&T has free shipping as well. If you order from apple you should not get charged the $18 fee if indeed AT&T is waiving it as their system is tied into AT&T's as well as AT&T being the one charging you not apple.
    I personally am going to order from apple because of many people's good experience on apple's delivery method (i.e. Tracking detail, etc. )
    Now remember though, shipping is also dependant on the courier, so if they misrouted the package or it got delayed or any reason, it's not apple's fault but the courier's.

14. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

The upgrade fee goes on your bill so you do nit pay for it now. I would print out the paper saying that it is waived. If you get your bill and it is not, then you can call AT&T.