Apple.com shipping address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by toddsimon, Sep 8, 2016.

1. toddsimon macrumors member

toddsimon

Do I have to ship to my billing address if I order from apple.com? I was going to ship to my parents house since they will be home to sign for the phone and I work all day 9-16.

2. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I am doing the same, will be out of town. I changed my billing address with my carrier and ill also (hopefully) be able to put my sisters address for the shipping address with Apple.

The Apple rep I spoke to said it's actually whatever address your carrier has that will be used.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

apple.com will pull the address from your carrier account, so make sure you change the address through the carrier's website before placing an order.

4. toddsimon thread starter macrumors member

toddsimon

I think it's too late to change my carrier address is it not? I'm with AT&T. Can I change it online?

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

As long as you can log in att.com and change it there after you log in.

6. Janders91 macrumors member

I ordered my iPhone 6+ on preorder night and used a completely different shipping address from my carrier and it shipped to the one I entered on Apple.com when I placed the order

7. dmonnin macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat but I can't find on ATTs website where you change that. Would it be the address where they send your bill to, the billing address? I was under the impression if you order through Apple on the app store it will ship to where your cc is being billed to. At least thats what they told me today when I spoke to Apple
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    I'm sure this is the case this year as well

8. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

wait, what? How can u change your shipping address on AT&T thats different from your billing address but order on Apple.com. Pretty sure you tell Apple where to ship it.

9. elbeborandy macrumors member

The real thing is that Apple will ship to the "shipping address" on your account (account on Apple). That's where you have to go once the app and the website come back.

10. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

That's what I did, hopefully it works :)

11. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I live in Maryland but was in Utah last year for the new iPhone. I got lucky - My phone was on the ground in Louisville, KY when I called Apple and tried to get the shipping address changed to Utah. The Apple rep said it should work and she put it through, but with no guarantees since the phone was already enroute.

While I was tracking the phone, the update changed to something like "exception - held in warehouse" for a couple of hours. I guess UPS was changing the shipping label; it got to Utah fine.

12. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

Yes, I did it the way.

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

log in to your account on att.com then the drop down on I want to..., > Manage my Profile > Change my billing or e-mail address and you should be able to change your address.

It does work. I tested it with the 6S Plus earlier and when I did check out, it showed the address I wanted to ship to.

14. dmonnin macrumors regular

I just checked the forum same type of thread from 2 years ago and people were indeed having problems with ATT shipping to the billing address on file for your carrier account. I just changed my billing address on ATT just to cover my basis.

15. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

Apple will ship to your Apple ID's shipping address if you pay in full for the phone. If you order it on an installment plan with AT&T, it will be sent to the billing address on your AT&T account.

16. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I may change my address tonight since I will be in Ohio on delivery day.

But, what if I order online and want to simply pick it up in Ohio without changing anything on my account?

17. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

I don't know if they're doing the pickup option this year. If they are, I'd imagine your shipping address wouldn't be particularly important, would it?

18. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

That's what I am asking. I don't want to change anything and just go pick it up if the option is available to do so.

But screw it. I'm just going to use my sister's address and get it delivered to her house. In BFE.

19. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

The Apple rep did say that if shipped/delivered.....there has to be someone home to sign for it. Just FYI!

20. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Sister, her husband, 3 nieces, 2 dogs, and myself. Someone damn sure is going to be there. ;)

21. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

Hahahaha!!!! I am in the same boat....well only my sister will be home, she just had a baby so she doesn't go far!!! Lol!!!!

22. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

AT&T just shut down their site so cant make any changes now

23. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I have been logged into my account for that last 30 minutes. I am able to use it as normal and even check upgrade options. However, when I try to log in on a different browser tab, I get the ATT blank page just like last year.

Aaaaaaaaaaand 30 seconds later everything just went dark .

24. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

You can always place a presign sheet on your door. I do this every year and I also attach a signed letter - just to make sure they know they are released from liability.

25. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

This is true! I just don't want to risk it :) I will be on vacation so id rather my sister safely get it and hold onto it:)