Apple.com Store Question

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Tech Artist, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Tech Artist macrumors newbie

So yesterday, I wanted to see how much money I could spend(like just put in the cart, not actually buy it) on Apple.com and I ended up getting to $39 million before it said I had to much. After that, it redirected me to the home page(after slowing down my browser) and I went back to remove everything in the cart and it did it again. I finally was able to remove everything. After that my router became slow and/or unresponsive till this morning. Could doing that have had any effect on my router or Apple?

I'm pretty sure it was just mere coincidence, but I just want to be sure cause I don't want to have anything happen to me or Apple. cause of that

2. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

The only thing I can think of that might consequently slow down your internet browsing is if for some reason the cookies for a very long shopping list aren't being deleted. I'm not even sure if the shopping cart would create cookies though, or if it'd be enough/possible for them to slow down Safari. Try another browser, try finding and deleting the cookie through Finder (can someone post instructions on finding the right ones? Don't wanna delete handy password ones or anything). Otherwise my guess is it's a coincidence.

Nate