apple.com style BTO order form?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Jay42, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Let me start by apologizing in advance for my lack of web knowledge as I'm only beginning to delve into design.

Are there any tools out there to create custom order forms similar to the ones Apple uses for their build-to-order products. I'm trying to create a website that sells custom products with a lot of options. I know I could potentially hand-code a type of form like this with radio buttons that adjust the price but I just wanted to check and see if anyone knows of a better way to do it before I go that route.

2. jakeOSX macrumors regular

there are a few shopping carts out there, (naturally i am drawing a blank right now on their names, first thing in the morning, etc) i'd check those out to see what ordering customization they have.

also a quick mock up by hand would help you understand more of what it is you want it to be.

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

4. Jay42 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jay42

I've looked into Magento, but from what I can gather, you need to create a new product for every possible combination of options. When you have 10 or so options with 3 choices each, this could be quite tedious.