Apple.com typo?

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
2,319
11
Still here.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
18,377
42
1123.6536.5321
tobefirst said:
That was awfully rotten of ~Shard~. Now he's going to get the free Mac Pro and not you, someguy! :)
First off, I am the MacRumors Bastard, so what do you expect? :p :cool:

Secondly, I doubt Apple will be sending me much of anything other than a generic thank you. But whatever they send me, I will split with the OP. ;) :cool:
 

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
2,319
11
Still here.
~Shard~ said:
First off, I am the MacRumors Bastard, so what do you expect? :p :cool:

Secondly, I doubt Apple will be sending me much of anything other than a generic thank you. But whatever they send me, I will split with the OP. ;) :cool:
If it's a thank you, you can have it. After all, you were the one doing all the labor. ;)

If it's a Mac Pro (or anything tangible for that matter), it's mine and I will fight to the death for it. :eek:
 

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
18,377
42
1123.6536.5321
someguy said:
If it's a thank you, you can have it. After all, you were the one doing all the labor. ;)

If it's a Mac Pro (or anything tangible for that matter), it's mine and I will fight to the death for it. :eek:
Agreed my friend. If Apple sends me a Mac Pro, it is yours - you just have to come over to my house and pick it up. :p ;) :D
 

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
2,319
11
Still here.
~Shard~ said:
Agreed my friend. If Apple sends me a Mac Pro, it is yours - you just have to come over to my house and pick it up. :p ;) :D
I'll split the cost of shipping with you, and to justify this, I'll let you use the machine just long enough to fall in love with it...

...before shipping it off to me. :D
 

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
18,377
42
1123.6536.5321
someguy said:
I'll split the cost of shipping with you, and to justify this, I'll let you use the machine just long enough to fall in love with it...

...before shipping it off to me. :D
Ah, how very bastardly of you - I approve! :cool:
 

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
2,319
11
Still here.
KingYaba said:
It's all wishful thinking. You don't get some damn wistle blower award for finding a missin 's' or whatever.
Oh, darn. I was really hopin' to be treated like the hero I am. :rolleyes:
 

pseudobrit

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2002
3,417
4
Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
KingYaba said:
It's all wishful thinking. You don't get some damn wistle blower award for finding a missin 's' or whatever.
You might get a 12 page dissertation from His Steveness on why that extra "s" was put there deliberately for artistic effect and how it so cleverly balances the design of the rest of the page and when he first saw the page without it he threw up..
 

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
10,648
31
San Francisco, CA
pseudobrit said:
You might get a 12 page dissertation from His Steveness on why that extra "s" was put there deliberately for artistic effect and how it so cleverly balances the design of the rest of the page and when he first saw the page without it he threw up..
We can only hope! :D
 

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
2,319
11
Still here.
pseudobrit said:
You might get a 12 page dissertation from His Steveness on why that extra "s" was put there deliberately for artistic effect and how it so cleverly balances the design of the rest of the page and when he first saw the page without it he threw up..
:D

I'd rather have the Mac Pro, but hey. I'll take what I can get, I suppose. ;)
 

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
27,400
12,410
tobefirst said:
That was awfully rotten of ~Shard~. Now he's going to get the free Mac Pro and not you, someguy! :)
Shard only did it because he figured he could get 5 or 6 posts added to his count. He's the biggest post whore in North America. :D
 

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
649
0
Earth
Do you think Apple would give out free Mac Pros if you find that they misspelled "pixels" as "pedophiles" or something like that?
 

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
18,377
42
1123.6536.5321
rdowns said:
Shard only did it because he figured he could get 5 or 6 posts added to his count. He's the biggest post whore in North America. :D
Since Australia is not part of N. America, yes, you are correct. It's all a numbers game, really. :D

They need to keep me and mad jew at opposite ends of the world for a reason, you know.... :eek: :cool:
 

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
24,415
124
Location Location Location
thegreatluke said:
Do you think Apple would give out free Mac Pros if you find that they misspelled "pixels" as "pedophiles" or something like that?
Don't know about that, but imagine if Canon did that?

"And now introducing the 8 MegaPedophile camera: Perfect for Back to School"
 

Nermal

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
18,721
1,202
New Zealand
thegreatluke said:
Do you think Apple would give out free Mac Pros if you find that they misspelled "pixels" as "pedophiles" or something like that?
One of the sites we maintain at work somehow ended up with "cash advance cash now pay bills power phone car repairs groceries credit card debt unsecured loans debt consolidation personal loan loans finance financial financing services private business commercial nz New Zealand oz Australia" in the HTML keywords :confused:
 

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
3,416
12
Up the irons
thegreatluke said:
Do you think Apple would give out free Mac Pros if you find that they misspelled "pixels" as "pedophiles" or something like that?
Hahahahaha I bet some people's heads would roll to say the least. If they were generous they might send you a 15 dollar iTunes gift card.