Apple commercials vs. Microsoft commercials

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by funkdoctor, Sep 30, 2008.

1. funkdoctor macrumors member

Before I start, I must say that I am not a troll. I really just want to see others opinions - Please keep in mind I love my macs, and dont even own a PC.

I say that Microsoft's new "I'm a PC" commercials make the Apple commercials look absolutely silly. They were able to pretty much say everything using only 3 words. Pretty next level.

Also, the guy in the Apple commercials is a little nauseating. Im talking about the skinny guy in all black, (I think he has been on a few tv shows). He is rather sickening, and I usually change the channel when they come on.

The Microsoft commercials are pretty clever.
    The Apple commercials are a little nauseating.

Discuss.

2. belvdr macrumors 601

They all annoy me, especially the ones that just start playing on web sites. I block them now with AdBlock.

3. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

This has already been discussed over and over, particularly in the threads about the new Microsoft commercials (both Seinfeld ones, plus the three "I'm a PC" ones, where they have garnered thousands of replies.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

First sign that someone is a troll.

5. bartelby macrumors Core

Of course they're nauseating. They're commercials!

All commercials are nauseating.

6. DigiCatRedux macrumors member

DigiCatRedux

"I'm a PC & I've been turned into a stereotype...*"

*TV screen turns blue & crashes*

Yep- that's why I use a Mac.
    But yes, both commercials annoy me just because they cut into my viewing time.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

and who came up with those clever 3 words that you refer to as "pretty next level"................... oh yeah apple did in their ads a really long time ago "i'm a pc" years later microsoft decides to retaliate using the same words and catch phrase that apple has been using for years..... yeah extremely clever :rolleyes:

microsoft windows is a little nauseating and thats what i care about commercials you can click the channel or leave the room.... the product you have to deal with.

8. funkdoctor thread starter macrumors member

Right, I wasnt arguing about who had the better product. Anyway, its all about timing. I dont care who came up with what when, Im just saying the Microsoft commercials were pretty smart. They never once said anything bad about Apple, but still got the message across. If you dont want to talk about commercials, why respond? I made a thread for people that did want to discuss the commercials.

9. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This is debatable. A picture is worth a thousand words. Microsoft's commercials feature an actor playing a look-alike of the "PC" character in Apple's commercials. The character in Microsoft's commercial is also "PC." The only difference is that Apple's "PC" character is a lovable loser whereas Microsoft's "PC" character is a victim of stereotyping. By the strictest definition of the word said, you may be correct. But if a picture is worth a thousand words, then how many words are a moving picture worth?

10. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Comparing ad campaigns solely on their merits, the current MS campaign is a late-to-the-table, unimaginative response to Chiat-Day's long-running and fairly progressive series. Yes, the C-D campaign has pretty well run its course, but whoever green-lit the MS response should find work elsewhere. Unconvincing, unoriginal, a weak-sister "but, but, but" response at best. Even discounting the companies they represent, both the Seinfeld and the "I'm a PC" series are some of the biggest wastes of advertising dollars I've witnessed in a long time.

It's not the products here, it's the agency. Well, that and the client exec giving the thumbs-up.

11. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Hey... PC!

Poor, stereotyped PC... did you get your little feelings hurt? I really like that Latina girl that uses you ("yo tambien...") but we'll just have to switch her to Mac since you are, in fact, a stereotype of yourself, and she deserves better. :cool: