Apple compatible voice recorder

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by dawnrazor, Jan 29, 2008.

1. dawnrazor macrumors regular

dawnrazor

Hi All - I am currently looking for a resonably priced voice recorder that is compatible with apple computers. I know olympus do a full range of voice recorders, put many will not work with apples. If anyone has experience of a particular make and model and I could pass that information on, that would be cool. I'm looking for something between a student model and a professional jorno model. cheers.

2. Sceneshifter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

Can't you just send the line out to your soundcard? I have never had an issue with compatibiity to be honest, with voice recorders

3. rh13 macrumors newbie

Apple compatible voice recorder

Sure, you can just put a line into a sound card and make a sound file. But that isn't the idea. Most of these voice recorders are modern forms of dictaphone machines. People want the software to make the playback more like a dictaphone. Also, some of the software converts voice files to text and you can copy files from the recorder to the computer without playing the file. Unfortunately, I don't think any of them use a common sound file format, they all have their own format. Dang.

4. longofest Editor emeritus

longofest

Many of the Olympus line do not SAY that they are Mac compatible, but in fact they probably are. I have a WS-311M and it is Mac compatible. On the downside, it creates the files as .wma's, but its pretty easy to convert them over to .aif or AAC with iTunes/Quicktime.

5. agd21 macrumors newbie