Apple Complaints Procedure

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by theGAPkid, Dec 24, 2007.

1. theGAPkid macrumors regular

Ok, So...

Its christmas eve, my elderly Grandmother is sitting downstairs, and here I am, absolutely livid with apple.

10th Dec, I ordered via iPhoto 08, a photo album full of cherished photos to give to my grandma as a present on Christmas Morning. After 10 days of no news, I emailed apple support asking for the status of my order. I hear nothing for 3/4 days until around 1hr ago.

Im told that the order has shipped but has probably got lost and they have refunded me the full amount onto my card. Fair play, theyre losing out on £30 which I am getting back. But why tell me this on Christmas eve?

I have nothing to give her tomorrow morning except "an apology" on apples behalf. I want them to send out another cop of the book so I could at least perhaps have a copy for her by new yr (sometime!!!) However ringing apple UK's no, I am told that they have nothing to do with it and they cant help me.

Does anyone know how I can write / phone to make a complaint for the lack of communication in the matter?

Sorry for the long post and the general moodiness and rambling, but I hope you can see my frustration in the matter. It has put a real downer on Christmas celebrations tomorrow morning as it was a truly personal gift, and it has seriously damaged my rather new relationship with apple.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

That sucks. Why not burn grandma a nice DVD that you can show her tomorrow and tell her what happened and that the book will be there shortly?

3. theGAPkid thread starter macrumors regular

Hey! - I never even thought of tht.

Great idea. I might look into doing it. Its something at least!

Cheers :p

4. cjw1378 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just phoned HMRC and got the address associated with their VAT number.

Hope this helps:

Apple Sales International
    2 Furzeground Way
    Stockley Park
    Uxbridge

UB11 1BB

Oh, and an ASA judgement against them here:

http://www.asa.org.uk/Complaints-and...ADJ_44891.aspx

...also yields:

Apple (UK) Ltd
    1 Roundwood Avenue
    Stockley Park
    Uxbridge
    Middlesex
    UB11 1BG

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Good job. That info might even have been useful almost 3 years ago when this thread was created...