Apple completely ignore countries without iTunes Store!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 66217, Jan 16, 2008.

1. 66217 Guest

There is no iTunes Store in my country, and I want the new update for the iPod Touch. What should I do?

Have they just forgotten us? Many people that don't have an iTunes Store do have an iPod Touch.:mad:

This do is one good reason to give it as a free update, or if not, at least have the preparation to sell it worldwide. i have to say, this is the first time I'm mad at Apple.

2. azwandi macrumors newbie

Can anyone buy the ipod touch upgrade using a valid account, but from anywhere outside the country? I understand this won't work when you buy music off the itunes because of the IP address, but how about the upgrade???

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hmm, on the NZ page there's a big "Buy Now" button on the left but there's nothing in the same place for your country, Roco. I'd give it a couple of weeks and see whether Apple updates your country's site.

4. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

yeah I'm sure its coming in the meantime if you have and old touch it looks like you dont get the new apps or they want you to buy a new touch ;) j/k

5. 66217 thread starter Guest

As far as I know if you get an iTunes Gift Card you could buy the upgrade thru iTunes. And there shouldn't be any problem buying music from iTunes the same way (I have bought in the past).

Yesterday I spoke with AppleCare and they told me that if I already have an account it could be probable that with an iTunes Gift Card I could be able to buy the upgrade.

The thing is that NZ has an iTunes Store, we don't. But hopefully we'll see an update soon. They might give us an iTunes Store at last.:)

6. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

buy a gift card off ebay and set up an itunes account using a fake address and real phone number and pos/zip code.

i buy all my tv shows of iTunes US and i live in australia:D

7. 66217 thread starter Guest

And they send you the code to enter in iTunes? Or they send the complete new card?

Thanks for the help.:)