Apple Component AV Cable, Dock & Netflix?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sh00tingStar, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Sh00tingStar macrumors member

I bought the genuine Apple AV component cable specifically to stream Netflix through my TV. The 30-pin connector is way to big to use with most cases but I thought I would just plug it into one of my non-Apple docks and then plug the iPhone into that. The cable and netflix works great when plugged directly into the iPhone, but it's a no-go when using either of the two docks. No signal.

Is there any dock, Apple or otherwise, that will work with the Apple component cable?

2. Lostsol macrumors regular

I know the apple universal dock supports the Av cable for video out so I assume it will work with netflix streaming. I'm interested myself so I'll try it out with my universal dock and report back.

3. Lostsol macrumors regular

It does work but the quality wasn't as good as when using my ps3 to stream. Idk much about that stuff so not sure why.

4. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

So I'm a little confused with this thread. But I'm looking to stream Netflix from my phone to my tv, I have an apple dock with the remote package from apple, what cable do I need to make this streaming situation work? Preferably an amazon or some sort of cheaper cable, doesn't have to be an apple one, but if none other, an apple one will work. Also while streaming, will it charge my phone? Thanks.