Apple Component Cable not working after jailbreak ios 4.33! !

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nakoosingh, Dec 23, 2011.

1. nakoosingh macrumors newbie

hey guys ! i have a jailbroken iPod touch 4g running iOS 4.33.... i had earlier purchased a non generic composite cable and tried to connect my ipod touch to a tv it wasn't working (only audio no video) and so i thought it had something to do with my cable i had already installed resupported 4.0 + 1.71 and display out 1.3.5 and it wasn't working ! i thus decided to buy a genuine component cable ... the component cable did not work either ( the same situation no video only audio) i took the component cable back to the iStore and they tried it on iPhone 4S and iPod touch 4g and it worked ! i decided to restore my iPod to 4.33 (jailed) and the component cable worked :D !!!! i thus proceeded to jailbreaking it and then installed display out and resupported again.... ! Sadly it does not Work !!! :( please help ! i have been banging my head since days ..... What am i missing here ?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

The 4G runs iOS 5.0.1 nicely. Why not upgrade and forgo the jailbreak?

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

iDevices cannot mirror their display using the component/composite cables, they can only output videos through them. Only the VGA/HDMI cables. Since you're on 4.3.X, why not uninstall DisplayOut and just add the "display-mirroring = true" key to your SpringBoard plist. Its free and works much better.

4. nakoosingh thread starter macrumors newbie

because i have a peel 520 ii and i use my itouch as a phone as well ! :D

----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpUB4EYjfV4

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Why link a random YouTube video in to the thread? I know what Resupported is and thus fail to see the relevance of that video.

6. nakoosingh thread starter macrumors newbie

no that video was to demonstrate how exactly it should work ..... i wonder why it's not the same for me when i have bought the original stuff ! :(

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Uninstall DisplayOut and Resupported and try using just the Apple cable. See if that works.

8. nakoosingh thread starter macrumors newbie

tried that ... no luck .... :( i did edit th ipod's springboard.plist but it didn't have any effect either.... :(

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Have you tried respringing into Safe Mode? It could be a Cydia installed item causing the problem.

10. nakoosingh thread starter macrumors newbie

yes tried that too ! no luck :(

11. nakoosingh thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that too

hey i tried it in safe mode it worked cause of TvoutTuner 2 but i did a stupid thing ! i upgraded to 5.01 for spire and later realized that there exist no proper proxy servers ! so i downgraded back to 4.33 and jailbroke my device and got back my apps via cybackup ..... anyway when i open tvout2 now in safe mode .. it crashes on startup ! (Yes i have added the key in N81AP.plist (springboard app ) for dispay mirroring... but it does not work ! i am back to square 1 ! :( Any help would be appreciated ! what is it that i am doing wrong ? What are the apps that may stop my iPod from display out in normal mode (What apps likely ?) is it something to do with Cydia 1.1.3 ? Thanks