apple.com's download section

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AeroBar, Mar 15, 2009.

1. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

hi,

i just found a program on apple.com's download section that adds a person's custom genre artwork to itunes. is the fact that the link is available through apple.com a 'seal of approval'

thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why do you need a "seal of approval"? You can already do this manually.

3. glasserp macrumors regular

without linking to the app in question, I'm not really sure what you're talking about, or even asking for that matter. Can't you already do that in iTunes itself?

4. AeroBar thread starter macrumors 6502a

sorry what i meant was do apple check out the programs before allowing them in the download section.

GGJstudios, how can i add genre artwork manually:confused:

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

From Apple's Download site at the bottom of the page:
    If you select Genres in the Grid view, you'll see artwork for the various Genres in your library. If you move your mouse across the artwork, it will scroll through the available cover art in that genre. When you find the artwork you want to use as the default for that Genre, right-click on it and select "Set Default Grid Artwork".

Picture 1.jpg

If you want to use other artwork, you can add a song to your library to act as a "placeholder" for that genre and add any artwork you desire, then follow the steps above to set it as the default artwork for that genre.

6. AeroBar thread starter macrumors 6502a

GGJstudios, thank you. that is what i needed to know.