Apple conference in Cork this week?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by whooleytoo, Jul 19, 2012.

1. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

According to this article, Apple is holding a conference for hundreds of execs here in Cork this week. Are these regular events for Apple, or is this an 'extraordinary' event?

(The article focuses on Apple's city-centre office in Cork doubling in size and the main campus in the suburbs expanding).

2. Tcat macrumors newbie

The conference ran from last Friday till last night and was a global gathering of Apple Distinguished Educators. They have events every year but not all of them are global some are local. As for it being extraordinary I think everyone who attended will agree it was !!!

3. whooleytoo thread starter macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Thanks. I only heard about it from a colleague, but wondered what it was about. I secretly hoped it was a big meeting of all the top Apple execs on some major strategy discussion. Or touring the Apple facilities to see how quickly the collective is expanding. A bit disappointing.. :) Were you at it?

As an ex-Apple-head, the only senior exec I met was when Tim Cook visited, and that ended up quite badly (for us). :p

4. Tcat macrumors newbie

Yeah I was at it there were over 200 ade's as well as all the top education guys there was a tour of Apple and the whole week was centered on major strategy discussion:eek: