• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

184345-retail.png

Despite some mixed signals at their retail meeting last night, Apple has now updated their retail website at http://www.apple.com/retail, indicating that the iPhone 3G will be launched at 8 a.m. at Apple Retail stores on July 11th.

AT&T had previously announced an 8 a.m. launch time for the iPhone 3G launch, but we had not had official word from Apple. 8 a.m. is earlier than either of the retail shops typically open.

Article Link

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Crap, I don't think I will be able to make it at 8am. I hope they don't run out of 16GB ones :(

Comment

Astro8973

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
but when will we be able to download the 2.0 firmware? I hope i dont have to wait until 8 am on friday.

Comment

danvdr

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2004
Are there any Apple Store employees over 25 y.o.?

Attachments

• overview_employees.jpg
    overview_employees.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 179
Comment

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
but when will we be able to download the 2.0 firmware? I hope i dont have to wait until 8 am on friday.

It would be great if it was available after midnight on Thursday, but 8am Friday morning is fine too.

The firmware and the App Store- that's what I'm looking forward to.

sam10685 said:
It's also sad when you're an Apple employee posting on this site when you're not supposed to.

Harsh.

Comment

speedbumpnv

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Any word on @home activation for existing iphone users (similar to the O2 policy)?
I need to know if I can buy and dash so I wont be too late to work.

Comment

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
::sigh:: this is great and all, but still waiting to see if it even matters to those of us porting over from another carrier. i have t-mobile (contract just ended last month) and i have yet to see a definite statement that the apple store employees will have the ability/know how to port over new customers to ATT.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.