Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akamu24

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2011
Celebrity raid, awful iPhone 6 stream, iPhone 6 site crash, now HealthKit..

Apple certainly is on a roll. :p

Padmini

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2014
What about iCloud Photo Library?? Any word on why that was ditched as well? Luckily I had it active during the beta period, but it doesn't seem fully functional anymore.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
What about iCloud Photo Library?? Any word on why that was ditched as well? Luckily I had it active during the beta period, but it doesn't seem fully functional anymore.

It's gone. Yet another reason not to trust your photos to Apple. First iPhoto and Aperture go in limbo for years, then Photos app doesn't appear until sometime in 2015, pulling the iCloud Photo Library at the last second. The list goes on and on.

I'm hoping they say something at the October event for Yosemite.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Maybe a little less time indulging in grand social engineering projects like increasing diversity in the workplace (when no one can actually point to any discrimination going on) will free up some spare cycles for Tim...

Had to throw that in huh?

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
"It's just a beta!!!!"

Isn't this why there was a 3 month beta cycle? Now it's public and broken.

idesign4aliving

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
So now Healthkit is sitting like a limp biscuit on hundreds of thousands of phones today? Jobs would have had a cow. Remember when he fired a room full of people for the Mobile Me fiasco? C'mon post-Jobs Apple(PJApple) - keep the bar high.:apple:

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland

Goto
Settings > Photos & Camera and enable iCloud photo library beta

iKrivetko

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2010
More and more bugs in Apple products, botched launches like Maps and now Healthkit, etc. etc.

Apple is losing its attention to the details that used to make Apple products special and that put Apple in its winning position in the first place. Beyond the Apple faithful core, the mainstream market started buying Apple iPods, iPhones, tablets, iMacs and laptops because those products just worked. Now, they *usually* work, and that's a big difference which will eventually come to haunt Apple over time.

Tim Cook needs to double-down execution and quality control. Maybe a little less time indulging in grand social engineering projects like increasing diversity in the workplace (when no one can actually point to any discrimination going on) will free up some spare cycles for Tim...

Yeah, right. As if none of their past products had any flaws whatsoever.

spectrumfox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
More and more bugs in Apple products, botched launches like Maps and now Healthkit, etc. etc.

Apple is losing its attention to the details that used to make Apple products special and that put Apple in its winning position in the first place. Beyond the Apple faithful core, the mainstream market started buying Apple iPods, iPhones, tablets, iMacs and laptops because those products just worked. Now, they *usually* work, and that's a big difference which will eventually come to haunt Apple over time.

Tim Cook needs to double-down execution and quality control. Maybe a little less time indulging in grand social engineering projects like increasing diversity in the workplace (when no one can actually point to any discrimination going on) will free up some spare cycles for Tim...

Tim Cook also needs to spend less time going on television and touting how good his company is and work on making his company better.

Things have definitely slipped a little in Jobs' absence.

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Yeah buddy...I have it....because its associated with my Apple ID / developer account...

The public does NOT have it as an option at all.

Like iCloud Keychain and a few other iCloud reliant features that were in iOS 7 betas but not the GM last year it is waiting for OS X to catch up and will be released in an iOS 8 update at the same time as Yosemite.

Makes sense as you don't want any possible issues in the OS X beta side breaking a released version in iOS, so best to just release it for both at the same time.

Last edited:

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
After installing iOS 8 its doesn't really appear Healthkit does anything without input from other apps. Is that accurate? I'm a little confused...would've made more sense for Apple to just include run tracking, etc in the app itself.

DerekAndonian

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2014
So now Healthkit is sitting like a limp biscuit on hundreds of thousands of phones today? Jobs would have had a cow. Remember when he fired a room full of people for the Mobile Me fiasco? C'mon post-Jobs Apple(PJApple) - keep the bar high.:apple:

"Can someone tell me what Healthkit is supposed to do??"

"Then why the **** doesn't it do that?!?!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.