Apple Confirms June 4 WWDC Keynote Will Be Live Streamed

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 22, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today added a new events page to its main website, confirming that the upcoming Worldwide Developers Conference keynote on June 4 will be live streamed and available to watch on the Apple website, through the WWDC app, and through the events app on the Apple TV.

Apple previously made it clear that the entire conference would be live streamed through the Developer website and in the WWDC app, but the new event page clarifies that the keynote will be available for all to watch even without a developer account, as it has been in past years.

[​IMG]

At the 2018 Worldwide Developers Conference, we are expecting to see Apple unveil next-generation versions of iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS, with the software made available to developers later in the day for testing purposes ahead of a fall launch.

While we haven't heard specific details on hardware products coming at WWDC, there are multiple possibilities. Rumors have suggested we could potentially see new iPad Pro models and perhaps a new iPhone SE, and several Macs are due for a refresh, including the MacBook Pro, iMac, and 12-inch MacBook. Last year, these machines were refreshed at WWDC.

We're also waiting on the AirPower, Apple's promised charging mat that's designed to charge the newest iPhones, the AirPods, and the Apple Watch all at once, and alongside the AirPower, we're expecting a new wireless AirPods charging case. These could see a launch following WWDC.

We'll have more detail on what we can expect to see unveiled at WWDC next week.

For the June 4 keynote event, MacRumors will provide a live blog both here on MacRumors.com and on our MacRumorsLive Twitter account, along with detailed coverage of everything Apple announces during the week.

Article Link: Apple Confirms June 4 WWDC Keynote Will Be Live Streamed

2. hlevolve macrumors member

hlevolve

Hoping they have at least something I am interested in...

EDIT: Misread article originally as saying that it will *not* be live streamed.

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

I’m just going to keep my expectations low.

4. Lone Deranger macrumors 68000

Lone Deranger

Let’s hope it won’t be so cringeworthy and dull as last year....

5. hobocamp456 macrumors newbie

It’s kind of sad most people aren’t expecting much at all. The past year has been pretty disappointing. Hopefully they will bring some really big surprises.

6. deathnite macrumors member

deathnite

This part is new:

7. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

8. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

Maybe they will announce a wireless charging mat.

9. arggg14 macrumors 6502a

10. anshuvorty macrumors 6502a

anshuvorty

Was there really any doubt that this seminal event would not be live streamed? Apart from the Fall iPhone events, this is the only other event that is guaranteed to be live streamed year after year...

11. Wags, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018

Wags macrumors 6502a

Maybe they will announce a new product shipping by forth quarter and then ships February. :rolleyes:

12. jhudgins macrumors regular

iOS 12: performance improvements, no big new features
    MacOS: performance improvements, no big new features
    TVOS: performance improvements, no big new features
    Apple Watch: who cares
    HomePod: Airplay 2 released same day for stereo pairing
    iPhone SE 2: now with wireless charging so it can be used on...
    Apple charging mat: now available
    iPad Pro 3: bezeless redesign with Face ID
    Apple Pencil 2: wireless pairing via W1 chip, wireless charging via Apple charging mat

And somehow this will all take 4 hrs to announce.

13. now i see it macrumors 68000

That's still too high.

14. hajime macrumors 601

15. duervo macrumors 68020

duervo

Wondering what they’ll do with the MacBook Air, if anything. If they announce something with those new 4core/8thread U-series CPU’s, and without that notorious keyboard, I might be interested.

16. jimthing macrumors 65816

jimthing

"Today we're happy to be announcing...

absolutely nothing. Nada, zero, not anything.

Have a great week everyone, getting drunk, sleeping with prostitutes, and partying every night."

One minute keynote, drops mic, walks off stage in embarrassment.

17. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

It has? Last year I thought was an excellent year in terms of some of the hardware they released with the new iPad Pros in WWDC 2017, Series 3 Apple Watch has been a huge success, three new iPhones, which the X is a massive step forward with 3D Facial mapping/Face ID. Sometimes I think others feel that if a certain piece of hardware does not release to their expectations, then Apple must of ‘had a bad year’. It doesn’t work like that.

18. Smeaton1724 macrumors 6502a

Smeaton1724

My guesses:
    Macbook 12'' price drop BUT the catch is it starts with 128GB storage.
    Macbook 14'' with 2 USB-C ports and still the headphone jack. Replacing the Macbook Air 13''
    Macbook Pro 13'' - Quad Core, screen resolution bump
    Macbook Pro 15'' - Hexa Core, screen resolution bump
    Mac Mini - Gimped with the internals of the Macbook 12'', 2 USB-C ports, 2 USB A and a cube form factor
    New Apple Pencil - W1 chip and multi coloured pencils
    iMacs - Spec bumped

Nothing on iPhones or iPads beyond iOS 12 and AR demo's. They'll save the Watch for the fall - the main season for buying is Christmas anyway.

I'd like to see parity between Mac OS and iOS, Utility apps, swift playground, Home, Watch app, Xcode etc - there's a massive jumble sale of software on one OS that isn't on the other.

19. nt5672 macrumors 65816

Oh how wrong, if Cook did this he would not walk off embarrassed, he would walk off saying how fantastic this new approach to the keynote was and how he has delivered the best product experience in the history of Apple. He lives in his own mind most of the time.

20. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

All I want from this keynote is at least a confirmed status update about the Mac mini and the MacBook Air or their future replacements.

21. dazb69, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018

dazb69 macrumors newbie

dazb69

Looks like new colour of Beats X being made available.... Defiant Black and Red or have I missed these before.

https://www.johnlewis.com/beats-wir...es-with-mic-remote/defiant-black-red/p3053592

Best Buy showing a available via 4th June.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/beats-...ion-defiant-black-red/6239433.p?skuId=6239433

So I wonder. Just a colour update or new W2 chip as well?
    --- Post Merged, May 23, 2018 ---

Just sent a tweet to Beats who confirmed they arnt currently an available option to purchase from them. I’ll be sending my Grey pair back I just ordered and waiting for these.

Attached Files:

22. RoobyRoobyRoo macrumors member

Jeez, why are these comments so sour and depressing? We've had very few leaks of what they'll be announcing this year, which I guess to most people means nothing exciting? That logic doesn't make any sense to me.

23. ikir macrumors 65816

ikir

Wow Mac Rumors as its best, people are already whining!

24. nahkampfwombi macrumors member

I'm looking forward to the keynote. More macOS and iOS features are neat.

Though the next Macbook I'm gonna buy is the "TouchSCREEN MacBook".
    Just not sure if I'm alive long enough.

Edit: Owning a 2016 MBP 13" TB
    Still Macbooks aren't a treat to use due to missing touch screen. Dont believe me? Just try Surface Pro for two weeks.
    But iPads just lacks in terms of productivity for me.
    Buying both? Nope. Too expensive and there are some other companies who can build 2in1 Devices proberly