Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naelamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
I wonder if Apple is happy to watch their iPhone customers who pays $$$ for the iPhone suffering of their BONDS!!

I was shocked when I found that file transfers are not allowed through iPhone bluetooth to other devices and when a friend asks me to send something I tell him sorry I cant, and I wait him to say the famous saying I hear everyday "hah iPhone sux" (while iphone can put restrictions of iTunes staff to be shared instead of disabling the bluetooth transferring!! where is the developers!!)

I wonder whats the big deal to make it easier for us to just copy what we want to the iPhone easily not by syncing everything with iTunes!!

The funniest thing I found lately that the ringtones got a limit of 40 seconds, I felt so desperate like Im using a phone from last decade!!

Do we have to jailbreak or hack the iPhone so Apple to be satisfied!!

Where is the customer support!! I doubt there is still any support in Apple!

90% of Macbook Pro (Im one of them) who are using 500GB suffering from lags and click sounds all the time since months and they cant come with a fix till now!!

I believe if Apple continue to go on the same path, the apple logo will be as cheap as a real apple.

I hope this will be read by some apple official staff and forwarded to APPLE, let them wakeup of their ILLUSIONS of SUCCESS.

RKO

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
You honestly think your post here whining is going to achieve that?

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
All these complaints are well known. The clicking has been fixed a while back. It's what you get for buying an iPhone.

It's a trivial thing to have a ringtone that plays any length. But really, what's the point?

naelamer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
Maybe :rolleyes: its so desperate

clicking isn't fixed, we tired their patches, its still till now while im writing this!!

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
If you don't answer a call in less than 40 seconds then the other person is more than likely to hang up so I can see no need for a long ringtone.

Bluetooth file transfer is annoying but you can see where Apple are coming from when they talk about piracy.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Your ridiculous hyperbole obscures any legitimate point you might have. Try again, without the hysterics please.

RKO

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
Finally, someone has written something that's going to get Apple to make some changes. I can't wait to have 2 minute ringtones!! :)

For a minute there I thought you were joking until I read more into it.:D

nehunte

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2009
How long does your phone ring before going to voicemail? I'm asking because mine goes well before 40 seconds. Thought maybe you had something wrong with your phone and the never ending ringing.... As for bluetooth transfer, Blackberries can't do it (to non-blackberry phones), Palm Pre can't do it, HTC Hero can't do it, etc. When it comes to smartphones, most if not all of them can't do bluetooth transfer. Apple, along with other smartphone makers, have high respect for copyright protection. You can't fault them for that.

You're complaints about Apple are really short-sighted. They're number one in customer service and they get around to fixing their problems extremely fast. Let's pretend you have a pc with Windows Vista. How long did Microsoft take to fix all the problems with Vista? That's right, they couldn't. You had to wait for Windows 7 to come out.

We don't live in a perfect world. So don't expect perfection of others.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
The best way for the OP to solve his problems (and stop wasting our time ;)) is:

1) Sell his MBP and replace it with a PC laptop.
2) Get rid ofhis iPhone and get a Palm Pre.

He'll then have something legitimate to moan about! :D

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
If someone actually lets their phone ring with an audible tone for longer than 40 seconds they should have their head examined.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I was shocked when I found that file transfers are not allowed through iPhone bluetooth to other devices and when a friend asks me to send something I tell him sorry I cant, and I wait him to say the famous saying I hear everyday "hah iPhone sux"

His phone doesn't even have e-mail and it's the iPhone that sux?

There is a simple solution here. Tell your friend: "Dude, your phone doesn't even have e-mail. Maybe you should get one that does before you make fun of my phone."

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
If someone actually lets their phone ring with an audible tone for longer than 40 seconds they should have their head examined.

Unless the song is REALLY bitchin'. Then its ok to let it play all the way through. Then call back and explain the bitchin' ringtone, and Im sure they'll understand.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Unless the song is REALLY bitchin'. Then its ok to let it play all the way through. Then call back and explain the bitchin' ringtone, and Im sure they'll understand.

Yeah - but 90 percent of the time, one has to endure someone else's crap-ass ringtone. And the shorter the better!

CandyCane23049

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2009
Well I'm use to not being able to use Bluetooth to transfer files. No one else in my family had Verizon and I couldn't do it with my Chocolate I had and just learned in this thread that Blackberry couldn't do it either, while I had the Storm.

I guess I can't complain about nothing I never had.

As for the ringtones, why do need it any longer than 40 secs?

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
I wonder if Apple is happy to watch their iPhone customers who pays $$$ for the iPhone suffering of their BONDS!!

I was shocked when I found that file transfers are not allowed through iPhone bluetooth to other devices and when a friend asks me to send something I tell him sorry I cant, and I wait him to say the famous saying I hear everyday "hah iPhone sux" (while iphone can put restrictions of iTunes staff to be shared instead of disabling the bluetooth transferring!! where is the developers!!)

I wonder whats the big deal to make it easier for us to just copy what we want to the iPhone easily not by syncing everything with iTunes!!

The funniest thing I found lately that the ringtones got a limit of 40 seconds, I felt so desperate like Im using a phone from last decade!!

90% of Macbook Pro (Im one of them) who are using 500GB suffering from lags and click sounds all the time since months and they cant come with a fix till now!!

I believe if Apple continue to go on the same path, the apple logo will be as cheap as a real apple.

I hope this will be read by some apple official staff and forwarded to APPLE, let them wakeup of their ILLUSIONS of SUCCESS.

I just forwarded your legitimate complaint to Steve Jobs, he said expect a fix by tomorrow morning.

kate-willbury

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2009
As for bluetooth transfer, Blackberries can't do it (to non-blackberry phones), Palm Pre can't do it, HTC Hero can't do it, etc.

what the hell are you talking about??? my friend has a blackberry 8200. my iphone is jailbroken with ibluetooth. we can transfer files via bluetooth just fine. she can also transfer files with her brothers phone which is an ancient nokia.

stop blabbing nonsense about crap you don't know about.

kate-willbury

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2009
Bluetooth file transfer is annoying but you can see where Apple are coming from when they talk about piracy.

not really. cracked apps for the iphone are still going strong. and i can still download 'illegal' mp3s and put them on my iphone via itunes just fine. don't see how turning on bluetooth file transfer is going to make any difference.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
This sentence...doesn't make sense.

These are things that are easily found out when researching your purchase. Unless you're telling em that you bought a $300 dollar phone with a $90.00 a month bill without knowing what the limitations of the device are.

???
You can e-mail yourself pics, save audio and video files to your phone using DropBox and available apps, e-mail pretty much anything...True, there's not OTA syncing, but again, this is a known drawback of the phone.

Let's see...last decade was the 1990's, I'll buy you whatever phone you want if you can show me a phone from then that you could make customizable ringtones from your existing music library using a single program. And over 40 second ringtones? Do you really need to listen to the whole song before you pick up the phone?

Again, not sure what you're saying here. If you mean that you have to jailbreak to make Apple happy that you bought your phone I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Apple repeatedly ranks amount he highest in customer service satisfaction. They're honestly the BEST company I've ever dealt with when it come to repairs/returns/overall service.

Ok

I believe that if Apple continues down the same path they'll be as unsuccessful at selling phones as Nintendo is at selling video game consoles. Not to mention the fact that they have close to $30 billion in cash reserves. I'm pretty sure most companies would kill to be that unsuccessful.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA

Yes, because not being able to transfer files via Bluetooth is certainly the equivalent of human slavery. Give me a break.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.