Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xridgewin8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Hello, I broke 2 of my lighting cords :)apple:) They both died after 2 months of use :mad: :mad: I carefully pull it out, but I heavily use it. I got so angry, Any of you guys have any tough authenticated lighting cords that are below 25$??? Must be available at Fry's or Best Buy :D

Last edited:

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Hello, I broke 2 of my lighting cords :)apple:) They both died after 2 months of use :mad: :mad: I carefully pull it out, but I heavily use it. I got so angry, I pulled the 2nd broken cord and ripped it off. Any of you guys have any tough authenticated lighting cords that are below 25$??? Must be available at Fry's or Best Buy :D

Lmao. You're mad because you ripped the cable and it doesn't work now?

Are you 12?

erftbll81

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I had 3 that weren't working, i walked into the apple store with them, walked out with 3 replacements.

Xridgewin8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
hello, i broke 2 of my lighting cords :)apple:) they both died after 2 months of use :mad: :mad: I carefully pull it out, but i heavily use it. I got so angry, i pulled the 2nd broken cord and ripped it off. Any of you guys have any tough authenticated lighting cords that are below 25$??? Must be available at fry's or best buy :d
I'm a fail.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
They are under warranty all you have to do is tell them they're broke and you get a replacement. Can do through mail also.

Xridgewin8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
They are under warranty all you have to do is tell them they're broke and you get a replacement. Can do through mail also.
Thank you very much markyr17, I'll attempt what you did and see what will happen next.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm never going to understand how people kill their cables.

I have 3 lightning cables that are in perfect condition and at least 2-3 30 pin cables from my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 that are also almost in perfect condition.

Do you guys chew on your cables or something? :p

Xridgewin8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Why this happens

I'm never going to understand how people kill their cables.

I have 3 lightning cables that are in perfect condition and at least 2-3 30 pin cables from my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 that are also almost in perfect condition.

Do you guys chew on your cables or something? :p
Meh, when I use it, the cable at the end bends which causes it to break. B.T.W. I always use it.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I have had dozens of iDevices between my wife and I and grandson.
And uncounted cables (plugged into wall chargers, others plugged into USB ports, others plugged into car chargers and still others used during traveling).

Never had a single cable fail !

Are you yanking them out with pliers or twirling your iDevices around in circles while plugged into the cables ?

One person breaking 2 lightning cables in 2 months is most certainly mistreatment !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.