Apple costumer service is AMAZING!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by esserdk, Apr 7, 2009.

1. esserdk macrumors member

So today when I woke up I discovered a pixel error (read: ONE dead pixel) on my macbook pro screen.
    I was like, damn - that can't be right it's not even a month old, and I started reading articles on this forum and other places about what to do in this situation.
    Basicly the impression I got from that was that they wouldn't care, but now that I called them it all worked out.

I got to speak with a very nice lady who listened to my problem and we discussed back and forth about ways to solve it without sending it in for repair.
    We then concluded that I couldn't do more (had run 6 hours of red/blue/green shifting, and massaged the area of the dead pixel - didn't help), then I spoke to some tech' people and all that to make sure I had gone through all further options.
    But in the end, after 30 mins of phone talking they are now mailing me a new macbook pro (priority shipping :D) and even giving me time to do a transfer from the old to the new mac, by letting me keep both computers for a few days.

They really surprised me with that kind of service, but I guess that you get what you pay for ;)
    I certainly didn't get the same treatment when I had to return my LG monitor 3 times in a row for dead pixels... They pretty much seemed to hate me after the 2nd return haha :p

So, go apple :) though this post is to serve as a reminder that even though you do get to pay a lot for these computers it really is worth it!

2. dylanbrown macrumors 6502

Glad to hear you had a great experience with AppleCare!

I've had some very good experiences both with iPod and Mac support, although, for Mac support, when my MacBook was suffering from some major problems they insisted that I would have to make the 4 hour round trip to my local  Store because I hadn't purchased an extended AppleCare warranty and lived within so many miles of the Store.

I was kind of annoyed, but the Genius Bar at my (so called) "local" store are always great, and I got my MacBook back the same day (He said it could be up to 4 days!) so can't complain.

Altogether, I've had fantastic support from Apple, although - I do think it's a bit stupid that I have to make a 4 hour round trip to the  Store to get service... that's why I might be purchasing an AppleCare plan for my iMac!