Apple Cracking down on non-developer Accounts- ouch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pugnut, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

3. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

This is a good thing. These people selling UDID slots are pocketing ridiculous money for nothing. Totally shady.

4. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is there anything in my post that would suggest there was something wrong with it? I hope they also kick out people on the developer site that are not developers and just pay the $100.

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The "ouch" in the thread title implied that you weren't happy about this, carry on.

7. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

So if you pay the $100 and do not sell UDID and are not a developer you think that's wrong why?

You really think Apple is gonna kick you out? Not a chance! That's $100 pure profit for them. Never gonna happen IMHO.

8. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

9. ap3604, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

10. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I contributed to a thread yesterday on the developers forum that shows how low it has gotten. The thread title was "iOS Beta 5" and the content of the thread was, "tomorrow".
    It is a shame to see a professional forum sink to that level. I'm all for Apple letting people pay $99 and develop, but people need to show some professionalism in the developer forum. No one wants to weed through that crap when looking for a solution. Luckily the thread was closed after a couple of replies.

11. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

My implication of the ouch is for the people that paid-

12. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

On a number of levels but the most significant is that a resource for developers are the user forums, a place to share issues with other developers, however it is clogged with people posting on what apps don't work and wondering why Hulu has not updated and when the next beta will roll around. If you paid and are not developing understand that there are people that are there to work, not play.

13. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Thank god! :cool:

--

For clarification, as long as you pay to be in the program (meaning you are legitmately gainbing access to beta software, etc), you're fine. It's the people that didn't pay to be in the dev program and are buying UDID slots + the legitimate people SELLING the spots that are being deactivated.

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If Apple can flag devices for deactivation, sort of sad that they don't go to the next level and do it for stolen phones.

I know there is a liability issue, but as most credit card companies have found, simply asking for a police report to be issued before they will act, usually cures some on the fraudulent claims.

15. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Agree - and I think it's the right thing for :apple: to do. It IS a violation of a contractual relationship.

BTW, about the color of your post...

I'M BLIND!!!

16. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I've also wondered why they don't do this.

iPhones are bricks until they're activated using Apple's servers. If Apple refused to activate iPhones that had been reported stolen then they would really help to cut down on theft.