Apple creating apps similar to Photoshop and Illustrator?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kfdodgerfan, Apr 30, 2010.

1. kfdodgerfan macrumors newbie

Apple has already made Final Cut and it trounced over Premiere and making big inroads against Avid.

Could they do the same to Adobe, now that they're at war, with Photoshop and Illustrator? Would it be in their best interest to create such programs?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Photoshop isn't something you do in one night... It takes years to build it from scratch. I can see Apple coming out with similar product like Photoshop if Adobe reduces support for Macs but it still can't compete with Photoshop. Also some patent things may make it harder

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Apple bought Final Cut in 1998/9 including the team that developed FC. They just advanced it, which is not simple, but they had something to go on.

4. kfdodgerfan thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that begs the question. Perhaps they have been working on something already for the past 5 years. What patents are we talking about too? Wouldn't those same logic apply to FCP, iPhoto, Filemaker, etc?

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I don't know about patents but I bet Adobe owns thousands of patents regarding to Photoshop so coping it is hard. PS just dominates,  would really have to improve it on order to make it worth it plus Creative Suite includes plenty of other apps too