Apple Credit Card Invite Problem

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ugcop, Aug 8, 2019.

1. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

i got the email to apply for the card. I open Wallet, press + then “continue” and it doesn’t show how to apply. Anyone having this problem?

2. ugcop thread starter macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Okay, I found the problem. The invitation came to my secondary email address and not my Apple ID address.

3. richard13 macrumors 6502a

richard13

Did you get through the process? I've tried 4 times between yesterday and today and it will go through and say "Submitted" but then comes to another screen saying "We are unable to verify your identification information". I've called the support number, got escalated and still no help. Yesterday they said someone would call me back but so far nothing.

Honestly, I've never had so much trouble applying for a card.

4. Psosmith82 macrumors newbie

Same thing for me. I tried 12 times yesterday, and 3 times today, and it keeps coming back with the same "identity cannot be verified" I have entered my full SSN and provided pictures of my photo id, and it simply will not accept them. I have gone over every detail with a fine tooth comb to see if there was a small typo anywhere, and there is not.

I have called Apple Support 3 times, the last time got a "supervisor" at Goldman Sachs who said he has escalated it and will be in touch when there is a resolution, but gave no time frame.

I was so excited I got the invite, but this really is the most trouble I've ever had applying for a card.

5. jardinager macrumors regular

jardinager

I signed up in seconds today. I was able to do it an hour or so before my invitation email arrived. Everything was quick and easy.

6. richard13 macrumors 6502a

richard13

Very sorry to hear that. But that the same time I'm glad that I'm not the only one going through this. Let's hope they actually call us back and get this fixed!
    --- Post Merged, Aug 8, 2019 ---
    Congratulations! Good to know some people are getting through this without a hassle!

7. A440SPS macrumors newbie

Check your full name, address, and birthdate under your Apple ID, and make sure the info matches.

8. Bala0509 macrumors member

Bala0509

Someone on another thread said doing a hard reset helped.

9. A440SPS macrumors newbie

Not for me...

10. bilibug macrumors regular

bilibug

I just got rejected, with an 850 credit score. The reason was my "expenses were too high for my income". Seriously... I pay my credit cards off in full each month - I don't carry a balance. And then there's that credit score, which is apparently good for nothing....

11. iApplereviews macrumors 6502a

iApplereviews

Try again? Did you by chance enter a lesser amount when it asked for income than you thought you typed? I have heard it’s fairly easy to qualify for this card. Btw trying again won’t hurt your credit there is no hard inquiry until you accept the offer if approved.

12. jonblatho macrumors 65816

jonblatho

I got approved last Thursday, ordered the physical card same-day. Can’t remember if it said it’d be here in 3–5 days or if it’d ship in 3–5 days, but either way, it’s late because it still hasn’t shipped.

Got in touch with support and all they’ll say is that it’s been ordered.

Had a friend get approved Monday and he received his physical card today. Leave it to Goldman to screw this up.

13. Banglazed, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019

Banglazed macrumors demi-god

Banglazed

There’s an option to order it and you should have a UPS notification if you’re a UPS member. It will be shipped via 2nd Day Air.You can check in the wallet for tracking but it won’t notify until the day of delivery.

That’s a great way to minimize your debts. Do you pay the entire current balance or statement balance? To maximize credit history, you need to have a revolving credit each month and you don’t pay the entire current balance but pay the statement balance.

14. richard13 macrumors 6502a

richard13

I find that Goldman Sachs is really showing how much of a newbie they are in this space. The whole "can't verify your information" is completely bogus. And now, in spite of what others have said, they don't automatically order a physical card for you. You have to request it. And even then, it needs to be to a specific type of address. This all feels like the lowest common denominator approach.

I cannot believe how ridiculous the petty, nit-picky requirements are for this do nothing card. I have never in my life had such absurd hoops to jump through.

This isn't the Black Card Apple/Goldman Sachs!

15. Erehy Dobon macrumors regular

Erehy Dobon

Apple is calling this a Preview Invite but it's really a "beta" without using that word.

They are trying to iron out the kinks before they roll this thing out to the general public.

My application process went smoothly including ordering the physical card. I was able to sign up before I received the actual e-mail.

However, I could tell that the card fulfillment center is having some problems. I received one FedEx tracking number then another the following day. The card from the second tracking number went out. I have no idea what happened to the first shipment.

It looks like some batches of invites were more bungled than mine. This does make Goldman Sachs look like rank amateurs but then again THEY ARE RANK AMATEURS (at least in the consumer credit card industry).

16. iApplereviews macrumors 6502a

iApplereviews

The card isn't automatically ordered correct. Part of setup after approval it ask if you would like to order the physical card or gives a no thanks option. If your paying attention your card can and will be ordered during setup.

17. Erehy Dobon macrumors regular

Erehy Dobon

Also, if you decline the physical card during the application process, you can order it later.

This is covered in a document in the Apple Card section of Apple's support website.

18. jonblatho macrumors 65816

jonblatho

I already ordered it, though. They’ve just taken 8 days now to ship it, and Goldman just says that it’s been ordered, to keep waiting.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 16, 2019 ---
    I assume the card can’t be shipped to a P.O. box? My bank (Simple, via BBVA Compass) is the same way.

19. Erehy Dobon macrumors regular

Erehy Dobon

Common carriers such as FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box.

I did not have an option to pick the shipping service. It was sent as a FedEx Priority Overnight Letter, not UPS.

20. iApplereviews macrumors 6502a

iApplereviews

No PO boxes. Card is shipped by Apple and apple uses UPS and FedEx

21. jonblatho macrumors 65816

jonblatho

I guess I meant any kind of facility where mail may be delivered to a box, such as apartments, not necessarily just post offices.

With Simple, even though my place of residence at the time used locked boxes, they would not ship a replacement card to me there. The point is that it's not totally unprecedented if that's what's up.

22. richard13 macrumors 6502a

richard13

If this is some veiled knock on me it's very unwelcome. I was "paying attention" but since I do not have a mailbox at my physical address so I requested a change of billing address afterward. It was the next day that I noticed they said that they cannot ship to my address. If I had known that the card would be delivered via FedEx (again, no mention of this) I would have left my address alone as FedEx does deliver to my house, just not USPS.

23. Erehy Dobon macrumors regular

Erehy Dobon

Your apartment/condo mail boxes are USPS property. Common carriers like FedEx and UPS are not permitted to deliver to those boxes.

UPS/FedEx drivers don't have master keys. It's possible that an individual driver might deliver a UPS or FedEx letter to a standalone USPS mailbox but they are actually breaking the law by doing so.

That's why there is a proliferation of parcel services that are hybrids. A common carrier takes care of most of the transportation and USPS does the final delivery (SmartPost). Apple isn't using these.

24. jonblatho macrumors 65816

jonblatho

The boxes there weren’t USPS property. In any case, again, not totally unprecedented for a bank (or someone shipping a card on a bank's behalf) to refuse to deliver to boxes.

25. Erehy Dobon macrumors regular

Erehy Dobon