Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
Did you get through the process? I've tried 4 times between yesterday and today and it will go through and say "Submitted" but then comes to another screen saying "We are unable to verify your identification information". I've called the support number, got escalated and still no help. Yesterday they said someone would call me back but so far nothing.

Honestly, I've never had so much trouble applying for a card.

Psosmith82

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2011
Did you get through the process? I've tried 4 times between yesterday and today and it will go through and say "Submitted" but then comes to another screen saying "We are unable to verify your identification information". I've called the support number, got escalated and still no help. Yesterday they said someone would call me back but so far nothing.

Honestly, I've never had so much trouble applying for a card.

Same thing for me. I tried 12 times yesterday, and 3 times today, and it keeps coming back with the same "identity cannot be verified" I have entered my full SSN and provided pictures of my photo id, and it simply will not accept them. I have gone over every detail with a fine tooth comb to see if there was a small typo anywhere, and there is not.

I have called Apple Support 3 times, the last time got a "supervisor" at Goldman Sachs who said he has escalated it and will be in touch when there is a resolution, but gave no time frame.

I was so excited I got the invite, but this really is the most trouble I've ever had applying for a card.

Reactions: Wwweber

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
Same thing for me. I tried 12 times yesterday, and 3 times today, and it keeps coming back with the same "identity cannot be verified" I have entered my full SSN and provided pictures of my photo id, and it simply will not accept them. I have gone over every detail with a fine tooth comb to see if there was a small typo anywhere, and there is not.

I have called Apple Support 3 times, the last time got a "supervisor" at Goldman Sachs who said he has escalated it and will be in touch when there is a resolution, but gave no time frame.

I was so excited I got the invite, but this really is the most trouble I've ever had applying for a card.

Very sorry to hear that. But that the same time I'm glad that I'm not the only one going through this. Let's hope they actually call us back and get this fixed!
[doublepost=1565309540][/doublepost]
I signed up in seconds today. I was able to do it an hour or so before my invitation email arrived. Everything was quick and easy.

Congratulations! Good to know some people are getting through this without a hassle!

Reactions: BarredOwl

A440SPS

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2019

Check your full name, address, and birthdate under your Apple ID, and make sure the info matches.

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
I just got rejected, with an 850 credit score. The reason was my "expenses were too high for my income". Seriously... I pay my credit cards off in full each month - I don't carry a balance. And then there's that credit score, which is apparently good for nothing....

Reactions: BigMcGuire

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I just got rejected, with an 850 credit score. The reason was my "expenses were too high for my income". Seriously... I pay my credit cards off in full each month - I don't carry a balance. And then there's that credit score, which is apparently good for nothing....
Try again? Did you by chance enter a lesser amount when it asked for income than you thought you typed? I have heard it’s fairly easy to qualify for this card. Btw trying again won’t hurt your credit there is no hard inquiry until you accept the offer if approved.

Reactions: mmomega

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
I got approved last Thursday, ordered the physical card same-day. Can’t remember if it said it’d be here in 3–5 days or if it’d ship in 3–5 days, but either way, it’s late because it still hasn’t shipped.

Got in touch with support and all they’ll say is that it’s been ordered.

Had a friend get approved Monday and he received his physical card today. Leave it to Goldman to screw this up.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
I got approved last Thursday, ordered the physical card same-day. Can’t remember if it said it’d be here in 3–5 days or if it’d ship in 3–5 days, but either way, it’s late because it still hasn’t shipped.

Had a friend get approved Monday and he received his physical card today. Leave it to Goldman to screw this up.

There’s an option to order it and you should have a UPS notification if you’re a UPS member. It will be shipped via 2nd Day Air.You can check in the wallet for tracking but it won’t notify until the day of delivery.

That’s a great way to minimize your debts. Do you pay the entire current balance or statement balance? To maximize credit history, you need to have a revolving credit each month and you don’t pay the entire current balance but pay the statement balance.

Last edited:

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL

I find that Goldman Sachs is really showing how much of a newbie they are in this space. The whole "can't verify your information" is completely bogus. And now, in spite of what others have said, they don't automatically order a physical card for you. You have to request it. And even then, it needs to be to a specific type of address. This all feels like the lowest common denominator approach.

I cannot believe how ridiculous the petty, nit-picky requirements are for this do nothing card. I have never in my life had such absurd hoops to jump through.

This isn't the Black Card Apple/Goldman Sachs!

Reactions: jonblatho

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I find that Goldman Sachs is really showing how much of a newbie they are in this space. The whole "can't verify your information" is completely bogus. And now, in spite of what others have said, they don't automatically order a physical card for you. You have to request it. And even then, it needs to be to a specific type of address. This all feels like the lowest common denominator approach.

I cannot believe how ridiculous the petty, nit-picky requirements are for this do nothing card. I have never in my life had such absurd hoops to jump through.

The card isn't automatically ordered correct. Part of setup after approval it ask if you would like to order the physical card or gives a no thanks option. If your paying attention your card can and will be ordered during setup.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
There’s an option to order it and you should have a UPS notification if you’re a UPS member. It will be shipped via 2nd Day Air.You can check in the wallet for tracking but it won’t notify until the day of delivery.
I already ordered it, though. They’ve just taken 8 days now to ship it, and Goldman just says that it’s been ordered, to keep waiting.
[doublepost=1566005427][/doublepost]

I assume the card can’t be shipped to a P.O. box? My bank (Simple, via BBVA Compass) is the same way.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I already ordered it, though. They’ve just taken 8 days now to ship it, and Goldman just says that it’s been ordered, to keep waiting.
[doublepost=1566005427][/doublepost]
I assume the card can’t be shipped to a P.O. box? My bank (Simple, via BBVA Compass) is the same way.
No PO boxes. Card is shipped by Apple and apple uses UPS and FedEx

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
No PO boxes. Card is shipped by Apple and apple uses UPS and FedEx
I guess I meant any kind of facility where mail may be delivered to a box, such as apartments, not necessarily just post offices.

With Simple, even though my place of residence at the time used locked boxes, they would not ship a replacement card to me there. The point is that it's not totally unprecedented if that's what's up.

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
The card isn't automatically ordered correct. Part of setup after approval it ask if you would like to order the physical card or gives a no thanks option. If your paying attention your card can and will be ordered during setup.

If this is some veiled knock on me it's very unwelcome. I was "paying attention" but since I do not have a mailbox at my physical address so I requested a change of billing address afterward. It was the next day that I noticed they said that they cannot ship to my address. If I had known that the card would be delivered via FedEx (again, no mention of this) I would have left my address alone as FedEx does deliver to my house, just not USPS.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
Your apartment/condo mail boxes are USPS property. Common carriers like FedEx and UPS are not permitted to deliver to those boxes.
The boxes there weren’t USPS property. In any case, again, not totally unprecedented for a bank (or someone shipping a card on a bank's behalf) to refuse to deliver to boxes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.