Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xerxers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
I have spent most of the day on the phone with both a hotel, the hotel was super helpful, I used recently and Goldman Sachs trying to resolve a duplicate transaction.

After lengthy discussions the issue came down to the fact that since Aug 03 there has been a major glitch with the use of the Apple card in that for some reason it is duplicating transactions randomly.

Goldman Sachs believe that it is a programming error.

I have filed for a transaction review.

Goldman Sachs know it is their issue but have said that the review will take between 60-90 days to resolve.

I personally don't believe that this is this good enough.

The amount isn't that great $140.00.

So be very cautious in the use of your Apple card

Cinimod1000

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2016
Hmm, am on a trip across the USA (TX to VA). Using Apple Card exclusively. Many charges, not seeing any duplicates yet….

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Only duplication I've seen is where at point of sale I see a pending charge, then a day later I see another identical charge that isn't pending, then the pending falls off within a few days.

Been getting that more recently than usual. But for me I notice it because it has Pending - and it eventually falls off.

(Out of all the charges we've done it's only happened a few times in the last few months).

xerxers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Only duplication I've seen is where at point of sale I see a pending charge, then a day later I see another identical charge that isn't pending, then the pending falls off within a few days.

Been getting that more recently than usual. But for me I notice it because it has Pending - and it eventually falls off.

(Out of all the charges we've done it's only happened a few times in the last few months).
Yes mine was I similar situation BUT the pending didn’t and hasnt as yet dropped off so Apple cc still have it as I disputed entry

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Yes mine was I similar situation BUT the pending didn’t and hasnt as yet dropped off so Apple cc still have it as I disputed entry
For us, I think the longest it took a pending charge to fall off - an Avis rental car charge - was 2 weeks. Just fyi.

It was a double charge - ($200+) and taken out of our available credit and it took 2 freaking weeks for that duplicated pending charge to fall off. - We didn't call or anything, but most of them are within a few days.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I have spent most of the day on the phone with both a hotel, the hotel was super helpful, I used recently and Goldman Sachs trying to resolve a duplicate transaction.

After lengthy discussions the issue came down to the fact that since Aug 03 there has been a major glitch with the use of the Apple card in that for some reason it is duplicating transactions randomly.

Goldman Sachs believe that it is a programming error.

I have filed for a transaction review.

Goldman Sachs know it is their issue but have said that the review will take between 60-90 days to resolve.

I personally don't believe that this is this good enough.

The amount isn't that great $140.00.

So be very cautious in the use of your Apple card
I have averaged 50-60 transactions per month for the past year ... over 60 trans already this month... nothing duplicated...

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
This is very interesting. I have used my Apple car since Day one exclusively. I have never had this happen. If it really is a glitch and they know about it, I am sure it will get resolved quickly. And for me, as long as it gets documented that it is a duplicate charge, then you aren't on the hook for it. So I wouldnt be too worried.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
This is very interesting. I have used my Apple car since Day one exclusively. I have never had this happen. If it really is a glitch and they know about it, I am sure it will get resolved quickly. And for me, as long as it gets documented that it is a duplicate charge, then you aren't on the hook for it. So I wouldnt be too worried.
Yes, I have seen this happen on my other credit cards, so I don’t think it’s something exclusive to the Apple Card but something that happens to credit cards in general with certain retailers.

xerxers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Yes, I have seen this happen on my other credit cards, so I don’t think it’s something exclusive to the Apple Card but something that happens to credit cards in general with certain retailers.
This occured at the beginning of this month and as I said above it is still duplicated. BUT Goldman Sachs within 24 hours of me contacting them did put a hold on one of the items and did credit back to my account the full amount. So currently I am not out of pocket

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.