Apple CS3 Deal and iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by creator2456, Jul 11, 2007.

  1. creator2456 macrumors 68000

    creator2456

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago
    #1
    I just want to bounce my thinking off of anyone who wants to read just to see what they think/give myself time to think before spending $$$.

    Apple currently is having a deal for students who purchase a new Mac in which they will get the student discount, free ipod, $100 off a printer, and $250 additional off of CS3 Design Premium.

    I am a GD major and I need CS3.

    I have a 2.16GHz 17" MBP already, but this deal has me really thinking about a second Mac (was already thinking about an iMac after the revisions). I would most likely go for a 20" iMac with the 256MB GFX card (or the equivalent after revisions).

    My question to people after all of this is, do you think it is worth the risk of losing the CS3 deal, free ipod, and printer to hold off for the iMac revisions (which may not happen anytime soon) or go for it now/soon?

    I do not need this new computer now by any means...and I could always just buy CS3 with a normal discount and save a couple thousand dollars.
     
  2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

    Cabbit

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2006
    Location:
    Scotland
    #2
    As soon as new macs come out the deal will stop. If the deal kept on going it would lower the preceved value of the computer becuase people would ask why do you have to sell it with an expencive bundle.
     
  3. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2006
    #3
    He knows that. What he's asking is whether buying now to get the free stuff is more worth it than whatever the revisions might be, unless I'm also misunderstanding.

    I'd say wait for the revisions and get CS3 with the normal student discounts, which are usually insane. The free iPod, etc doesn't add up to all that much, especially if you don't need the system now.
     

Share This Page