Apple CSR accuses me of abusing live chat...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tronic, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

Initiated a live chat today in an attempt to resolve Apple using my AT&T billing address for shipment like many others have experienced. CSR said he couldn't help me and said talk to customer service, I asked to be transferred and he said its by phone only, to which I said I dont want to sit on the phone all day to resolve a problem I didn't cause.

The CSR kept trying to end the conversation and accused me of abusing live chat because I was questioning why Apple would override my shipping info since I never requested that. CSR then went on to say chat is for new sales only, which isn't clear when initiating the session and is even odder when the chat survey lists "Help with previous order" as a reason for the chat.

I'm sure it's a busy day at Apple, but no reason to get hostile just because I'm asking why they have this odd policy and voicing my displeasure with it.

Telephone CSR was helpful and submitted an address change request to shipping carrier. I'm not holding my breath it's accepted though.

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Dude, they couldn't help you via live chat. End of story, and that also should have been the end of the conversation. Dragging it on and on, having a policy discussion, to no end and for zero purpose -- you are wasting people's time, no one cares you are displeased or disagree with the policy.

3. drnen macrumors regular

define 'hostile.' Did they tell you off? Curse at you? Or are you just in an excited state because something didn't work out the way you hoped it would?

4. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

He's doing the lords work. People need to voice their opinions otherwise things just stay the same and consumers get screwed. People monitor the chats, maybe, most likely not, but maybe the quality control person will raise this concern to someone higher up the chain .

5. mainomega macrumors 6502

6. drnen macrumors regular

I SAID good day!!

7. Tronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Tronic

The only reason I asked for an explanation and voiced my displeasure was in hope that he would take it to his supervisors if he had enough complaints so the policy would be changed.

8. Hitch08 macrumors 6502

Hostile?

Earlier this week, a dude rolled a stop sign (with some jalopy in tow behind his pickup truck) to pull out onto a four lane roadway with a 45 mph limit. I hit the brakes hard to not hit him. In his mind, however, I didn't slam on my brakes hard enough - this apparently caused him some concern. That dude was hostile. He couldn't show me enough fingers - and that was just the beginning of it...

You picked what must be one of the busiest days of the year to try to discuss policy change with them, via chat of all things. It's clearly not the time nor the place.

Maybe you can send an email to Tim Cook - or post to his twitter account. Find a better way to convey your concerns.

And if you would like to see hostile, I can probably introduce you to my friend in the truck. :D

9. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

It's not Apple's issue.
    It's dictated by AT&T and Apple is acting as their agent.
    If you didn't like it you shouldn't have placed the order as it's explained clearly during checkout.

10. atteligibility macrumors regular

and now you're abusing these forums? what's wrong with you...

11. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

FWIW, I got Apple's customer service on the phone in under 5 minutes and my entire call took <10.

12. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

You acted like a jerk. They told you they could not transfer you to customer service via chat and you kept badgering them. That is just loony on your part.

13. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

true. how can they transfer you when in fact you're using a chat live. that's a different process. almost all customer service is thru phone only. same thing when i am on the phone with someone, i don't think they would be able to transfer me to chat live.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This and
    This.

OP, you seem to think things should always work your way. It's just not like that.

15. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Post the transcript - otherwise, you were probably being abusive.

16. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Ughhh I hate customers like OP. What pleasure did you get from giving a chat CSR a hard time? Do you really think he has the authority to change Apple policy :lol:

I'm glad everyone in this thread called you out on it.

17. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

18. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Post the chat log. Then we can make sense of all this.

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not sure someone would really have that around 2 years later...

20. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Yep, wondered when someone was going to notice.

21. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Wow, didn't notice the date. it was on the front page so I assumed it was a recent thread.

22. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It's not possible for it to be on the front page, as that's sorted by date. Perhaps you were looking at "Related Threads" at the bottom of another thread you were reading.

23. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

You've been a member of this site for awhile, why would you reply to a thread 2 years later with no relevancy whatsoever?

24. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

because he/she is human and can make mistakes....
    or maybe the member is cortana in disguise....

25. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I'm not disagreeing in your point about being human. But when I search for threads I check the date before I post in it. If it's an old thread I would reply with something more relevant or not post at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.