Apple Customer Care?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gartempe, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Gartempe macrumors newbie

I'm sorry - I'm new to this forum so didn't know where this query should go :rolleyes:

Basically I took my MacBookPro to an Apple Authorised Service Provider here in France. They replaced the hard disk and still had the laptop unti they could transfer data across.

During this time it was stolen :eek: The store says it is proceeding with claims via their insurers but the manager will not respond to any of my emails or letters asking for an update.

So who authorises the Authorised Dealers??? Where can I write to express my dissatisfaction and hopefully to get some sort of support in getting this sorted out?

I am in France so this is further complicated by the language barrier but I am lost without my laptop and feel that I should have had some sort of update. It is a month since the break in and 6 weeks since I took them my laptop :(

Can anyone help me??

2. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

Apple authorizes the service providers, however Apple will not take any responsibility if the service provider's workshop gets burgled/robbed/broken into.

It's like if you told your friend to take their car to a mechanic your recommended and their car gets stolen from the workshop. Are you going to take the blame for it?

3. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

As said above. They answer to Apple in the end but there's nothing you can really get by complaining to Apple. It was a break-in, could happen anywhere. Unfortunately all you can really do is wait. Insurance people have a tendency to work as fast as they can but it's still rather slow.

Since it was a hard drive failure I assume, at least, that you had a backup saved? That way when you do get your mac back (or more likely when they send you a new one) you can put all your data back on it.

Best of luck, sorry for not having anything better to tell you.

4. Gartempe thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your thoughts on that

I fully realise that it's not Apple's fault that the shop was broken into, however I wondered if Apple would be interested to know that the Dealers they are recommending are not providing very good service to their customers.

It isn't the break-in I'm complaining about, nor even the time taken by the insurers to sort it out, it is the total lack of courtesy shown to me by the manager of the store in not responding to my emails and letters.

I mean - if I had a business and had authorised certain other people to do work on my products, I would want to know if they were behaving in this way wouldn't you? I thought Apple would want the best level of service from the dealers that they approved and recommended. At least if they really cared about their customers,

I also wondered why I can't seem to find an email address for Apple Customer Care - Google searches indicate an overwhelming opinion that Apple don't seem to care about this problem. I find that hard to believe as we have many Apple products and love them all.

So why can't I seem to contact them?

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Methinks you could be becoming just a little bit paranoid regarding the situation.

As you concede, it was no fault of the Service Provider to be broken into. Also, as has already been commented on, although Insurance Companies do their best to settle claims, they can take a fairly long time to settle.

I'm sure the manager, has plenty to get on with at the moment and replying to letters and emails asking for updates is surely not at the top of his priority list! I'm sure you will be contacted when any information is available.

How long ago did the break-in occur?

If you feel you must contact Apple, there is always the telephone.

6. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-ca; HTC-Vivo Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I agree with the above, the manager is likely swamped. Especially when you consider that, chances are, your computer wasn't the only one stolen. This means that not only does he have emails from you but also from all the other customers who had things stolen. On top of that he would be dealing with a lot of insurance people and likely people from Apple breathing down his neck.

I understand why you would be upset, because it seems like your being ignored after they lost your computer. However this doesn't seem like completely strange behavior from a manager dealing with a crisis.