Apple customer service compared to others

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by vastoholic, May 10, 2012.

1. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I recently just started a job at a call center that handles service plans for a couple of electronic stores, I won't mention names but they sell windows based machines as well as other peripherals, eReaders, accessories, etc. It amazes me how many problems with basic setup and compatibility between devices windows based machines have. I've always had nothing but easy and pleasant experiences in plug and play with devices no matter what Mac computer I was using. Printer divers not updated? Hit software update and computer finds them for you. And I don't think I've ever had a problem connecting to my home network and having to restart my connection just because it went to sleep or I closed the lid. And some of these service plans are a joke. Even while under the OEM warranty some of them seem unwilling to help out the customer. Apple has always been amazing at helping in the rare occasion that my computer needed repair. I've heard many people under apple care just going into the store and if it can't be repaired they walk out with a replacement. These people can't do anything in store anymore. It all has to be mailed in. It just seems so impersonal.

I just wanted to say that I'm so very thankful for the way apple handles their customers and that it's much easier for tech support because pretty much every computer is going to be the same. Walking through system restores and system recoveries for every different manufacturer is slightly rediculous. I can't even think of a time when my Mac has been so messed up it warranted a complete restore to factory settings. Maybe others have. But it seems like most people who have issues have them right out of the box in which case apple either fixes it or replaces it on the spot. I hate to use the term, but it just works.

/rant

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'm sure Apple deals with their fair share of walking people through menial troubleshooting issues, especially since their customer base has been dumbed down in recent years.

3. moonbeep macrumors member

moonbeep

took a faulty 4s to apple store yesterday,no questions asked just said we will give you a new phone............now hows that for customer service!!...