I am getting a new Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 1Tb to replace my 2011 Macbook Pro 15" 2.2 750GB courtesy of Apple. Let me rewind a bit. Last November I started having issues with the dreaded GPU issue of the 2011 model. I took it to apple and paid the 350 to have the logic replaced. January comes around and I am having random restart issues. Since it was withing the 90 day warranty for the new logic board I take it back to apple. They send it back to get the logic board replaced again. April comes and by this time apple has acknowledged the GPU issue in these laptops. I start having graphical glitches when I start the computer and use clamshell mode. I take the Macbook back to the apple store and they run the GPU diagnostic test and it fails within seconds. The Genius says that has never happened before. They take the Macbook and send it to their repair center once again to get the logic board replaced. I go to pick the Macbook up a week later and the Genius says we ran extensive tests on this computer and it is working properly. He goes on to say if you come back here again we will have to look at other options but doesn't get specific. Four weeks goes by and now its May. I notice that when ever the GPU changes from integrated to dedicated the monitor turns a teal color. I take the macbook back up to the apple store and demonstrate the issue. He starts the diagnostic again and says he is going to talk to the manager. When he come back he says do you mind if we hold the computer for 5 days. He saw the look in my face and says "I know you want to say no but you should take a leap of faith. We are going to replace your laptop with the most similar model we have." In my mind I was like Yassssss. Do it! I inquire about the 1Tb version since I have a 500Gb SSD and a data doubler with 2TB installed already. He said I should be able to pay for the difference in the models. I let them take it and and admin calls me a couple days later to let me know that they got permission to give me the new Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 1Tb at no additional cost. My mind was blown. I am just waiting for the to call me back to pick it up. Now I am trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it to get a Mac Pro 8-core 1TB Dual Firepro.