Apple Customer Service is still the Best

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RTony, Dec 4, 2014.

1. RTony macrumors member

RTony

Don't know if this is the right place to share this, and if it is not, I am sorry.

So, I bought my Mac about 2 years ago, and it is still going good even today. However, the Mac charger wasn't so lucky. The cable's been twisted and bent and just messed up in general. As you know, Apple provides only 1 year limited international warranty for all devices that do not have SIM cards in them, and 1 year limited local warranty for the ones with SIM.

So, two days ago I booked a genius appointment for the next day. Yesterday, I show up and explain the situation. Really, what I say is that the charger is heating up extremely bad and causing the computer to heat up pretty bad as well. His reply was that the solution is really simple because he doesn't need to take anything apart. He says, 'I'll just take this charger and give you a new one instead, if that's alright with you..?'. Hell, of course it is. So, he left and came back with a brand new charger and just gave it to me and took my old one. That's it. That is Apple and this is why we all love it here, am I right?

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

A lot of the MagSafe "T" style adapters and many "L" style adapters do get stress cracks which Apple recognizes sometimes as eligible for free repair.

3. jdphoto macrumors 6502

jdphoto

I too have been fortunate to have good service from Apple when I have needed it. One of the reasons I use and recommend their stuff. :)

4. RTony thread starter macrumors member

RTony

I love recommending Apple stuff to everyone that is about to buy a computer or a phone or a tablet. With Apple you just know they will be happy in terms of quality, service and design. Not the price lol! :D

BTW, does anyone know any good news site about Apple that are worth following? I've only found a handful of good ones:

latestapplenews.com
    osxdaily.com
    idownloadblog.com

Are there more?