Apple customer service rep: only 1 online iPhone order allowed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MadMacxxx, Jun 20, 2010.

1. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

An Apple customer service representative just informed me that today, they were informed that there is a limit of only one iPhone for online order per account, no matter what the eligibility of your various AT&T lines are. I ordered each of my iP4's separately, although they're under the same family plan. He said, "It wasn't announced and we, or at least I, was just informed about this today, but you can only order 1 iPhone online. We've actually had a lot of people calling about order cancellations." I specifically asked him why this was the case if multiple numbers on a family plan are eligible for an upgrade, but he was unable to answer. He stated that we would have to purchase our second iPhone 4 in store and that everyone who ordered more than one iPhone will have all but one of their orders cancelled.

I've ordered 2 iP4's. One has been shipped, and the other has, "Not yet Shipped." The rep looked up my order for the phone that hasn't been shipped yet and said that there is a hold on it because we're only allowed to order one iPhone 4 online. So, if what this rep said is true, how can so many people claim that both of their orders have been shipped?

Here's another thread stating the same thing:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=943290

2. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

The Apple customer service representative just informed me that today, they were informed that there is a limit of only one iPhone for online order per account, no matter what the eligibility of your various AT&T lines are.
    He said, "It wasn't announced and we,

The CSR probably meant one online phone order per LINE. I have twp on the same account, separate lines, separate orders, both have been shipped with tracking numbers.

3. TehReaper macrumors regular

yes same here. i ordered 3, 2 from apple and they both have shipped and 1 from AT&T which should ship this week :) so im good!:).

4. MadMacxxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

No, I specifically mentioned that our phones were ordered on different lines, under one family plan. I ordered two iP4's with two separate lines. I find what this rep said hard to believe considering that so many of you, like myself, have ordered more than one iP4, AND they've shipped. So, hopefully, he is wrong.

5. dborja macrumors 6502a

I had difficulty adding my wife's iPhone upgrade to my cart which already had mine so I checked out mine then simply went back and ordered hers. This was on June 15th so it could also have been because of the servers being overloaded. Anyway, both our iPhones are now in Hong Kong waiting for their flight...

BTW, we are on a family plan.

6. MadMacxxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Awesome, I ordered each of my iP4's separately as well, although they're under the same family plan. I ordered my iP4's in the same manner as you did, however only one of them has been shipped. I really do hope that this Apple was wrong.