Apple Customer Service Satisfaction :)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Qartin, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Qartin macrumors newbie

So, I have a macbook pro 15" I bought it april. This was my first mac purchase and I am really happy about it until I noticed they lowered the price and released new macbook pros, with free ipod touches, and printers and $100 education discount.

So, I called up best buy where I bought it from hoping they would honour at least SOMETHING. They told me to call apple and they would give me a free ipod touch.

I bought my macbook pro in april, and the offer didnt start until may 27.

So I called Apple and they were like oh were sorry and everthing, and they dont know why best buy said that at all.

So they gave me a coupon I can call them whenever I want theres two choices they gave me.

1- $75 off when you purchase $250.
    2- $125 when you purchase $375.

And thats a pretty good coupon for Apple thats like 30% off. So I was happy they did that and it was really nice, they didnt have to do anything, cause it was best buys wrong for telling me that I could get a free ipod touch.

And the guy even told me the coupons had an expiry date, and that he would put a note on my account he offered me a coupon, and whenever I want to buy anything at anytime. I just call and they will activate whatever one I want for free, and I have 30 days to use it.

So when the new ipod touch comes out in september hopefully I think ill be using one of those. That just saved me like $125 which was really nice.

Thought I would just like to share my experience.

Thanks,

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Once again, this (Customer Service) was a large part of Apple's success, so often this forum seems to have a minor lapse and forgets about the company's incredible efforts to please customers.

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...well it works out good for you and :apple: looks like a hero as the coupon costs them nothing... you are also spending more $$ at their store and probably will continue to shop at the apple store after a positive experience...

4. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

None of these things were exactly unexpected or anything (perhaps the new model, though they were overdue for an update).

Regardless, it's nice you got something out of it all.

5. Qartin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback.

I was kind of upset that Best Buy would tell me that. Then I called back to Best Buy and they hung up on me :(