Apple Customer Service Says New iPhones in?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davekarn, May 30, 2008.

1. davekarn macrumors 6502

So, my friend here in Ohio just had his old iPhone ruined (was pushed into a pool) and called the Apple Store in Columbus asking what the policy was with returns. The rep said that he could trade in the iPhone that is ruined for the new iPhone and he said that he knows of a few people that already have it. I threw the BS flag out on this claim, but evidently the rep told him and we are going to drive there this afternoon. I'll let you know if by the smallest chance in the world of any good news!

~Dave

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Well...here is another BS thread that will be deleted in 3...2...1...

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

5. davekarn thread starter macrumors 6502

Ha, no I'm serious. I've been giving my friend a lot of crap because 1) he bought this iPhone a couple weeks ago even though I told him a new one is coming out and 2) because now he already ruined it. He literally called me 20 minutes ago and told me this. I told him that I am 100% positive that there is no new iPhones out at all and don't know why the rep would lie to him, but he swears up and down that is what he said. I'm not claiming it's legit, just found it humorous.

6. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

No, no, no.

The rep will probably replace his phone for a current 1st gen iPhone (whether it is a refurb or not is another discussion).

7. nep61 macrumors 6502

Blah, Blah, Blah....

Blah, Blah, Blah.... Yawn.... Ho hum... huh, did you say something?

Yeah, and if my Aunt had wheels, she's be a bicycle... Let's all just calm down... we'll all get our new iPhones in June... hopefully:cool:

The few people in the world who currently have the NEW 3G iPhone in hand are most likely NOT working at the Apple Store in Columbus, Ohio... No offense:rolleyes:

8. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

he prob means that they got a shipment of new iphones. as in not refurbs

9. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

I have a $1,000,000.00 for you if you go home with a 3G or a version 2 iphone.

10. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    BINGO!!

11. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

The rep probably said "a new iPhone" not the new iPhone. As opposed to a refurbished one.

12. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

yeh, they recieved shipments of new iphones, the 1st gen, why would you think different, apple would fire the lot of them if they even mentioned anything not meant to

13. cyberbolt macrumors member

Why does he get to replace his phone at the Apple store if he wrecked it himself? Surely Apple only replace phones when they go wrong due to no fault of the user?

I'd've thought getting a replacement was something between your friend and his insurance company, not your friend and Apple.

14. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

Doubt it, probably meant that he was going to get new 1st gen iPhone.

15. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

The post is actually so stupid that it is ridiculous for anyone, including myself, to respond to it.

We all know there is simply no way that the Apple Store will be replacing a used/broken 1gen iphone with a new 2nd gen, unit that has not even been announced yet.

Clearly a misunderstanding by the friend of the OP.

16. davekarn thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep that's what I told him tonight, that he is getting a "new" iPhone not THE new iPhone. I didn't mean to get so many people mad about this topic, just thought it was funny when he told me about it and thought you all would find it humorous as well. I'm not notorious for posting pointless threads, just wanted to share the story is all. Sorry to everyone that this annoyed (sincerely)!

~Dave

17. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

18. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

This makes sense.

Agree.

Funny how people will hear what they want to hear instead of what was really said.

19. Musicmadnessash macrumors member

or apple could have said we have new ones in meaning b4 they had sold out. I dunno but I'm 100% certain that apple will have at least a few days promoting and marketing the phone after it Is announced.