Apple customer support rocks!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by cgratti, May 2, 2008.

1. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

My 20" G5 is over 2 months out of AppleCare warranty, the logic board has died, a certified Apple Tech diagnosed the problem and told me it would be about $800 to replace.

I get on the phone with Apple and within 5 minutes they decide to send me a new board and have it installed FREE of charge. They said since I have ordered a lot of Apple products in the past they will cover it. I was amazed, when this thing finally dies I will be buying another Apple computer for sure! I just got my machine back and it's perfect again!

A+++ to Apple

2. D4F Guest

D4F

Cool man :)
    And gratz on reviving your setup for free :D

3. James Howlett macrumors member

i've dealt with apple support only a few times over the years, and i have to say I am still impressed and its been awhile. it was for my ipod click wheel about 3 years ago i needed a new one because it got the unhappy file face. and one when i had a problem with itunes and they are so helpful. I have used Microsoft Xbox Customer Support and its hit or miss. I love my 360 and everything but sometimes their just not helpful. Apple has never left a sour taste in my mouth.