APPLE CUSTOMERS.....an all call!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ODLAWMAC, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ODLAWMAC macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone

It's February 4th and hope everyone is having a good new year so far, despite the recent apple holdup in products and updates.

Just wanted to know. Apple is a growing business and, what does everyone really think about them? Good? Bad? Great? Cant stand? Couldn't live without?

Feel free to talk about yourself and what you do on your mac.
    What is it about your mac that you love?

Do you think it is the right time to buy a Mac. Specifically a mac pro?

If you are a customer of apple let everyone know your dream Future product.
    If not let us know if you would like to get a mac.

Most people do not have personal websites. This is a good chance to express yourself on this blog about your creativity and the Mac Pro or Any Mac.

Thanks everyone...!!!!!

2. Mr.PS macrumors 6502a

They're. OK - I made my first purchase a few days ago and I'm disappointed. I have a Mac Pro with video issues and the 8800GT is a few weeks away. I had to return the unit, which is a hassle. Support was terrible and did not listen to my request at all, I had to call again spending 30 minutes or so on hold to finally get things straightened out.

3. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

My name is Jarek and I have a Mac. I am awesome and do awesome stuff with it. It's been 9 years since I switched.

4. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I'm too am awesome, but only because my Mac is awesome. Without my Mac, I am nothing, but without me, my Mac is nothing?

5. ODLAWMAC thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the quick responses guys, What was the Video Problem with your Mac Pro? When did u order it and when did it arrive? I am waiting on mine which is excpected at the end of the month. I ordered mine with the pre-built-in 8800 card. Hope it has no problems.:confused:

Hey Jarek! Such cool sites. I am also an actor member of the Screen Actors Guild. My name is Waldo Mayo hence ODLAW: Waldo spelled backwards.

6. 98707 macrumors regular

I think Apple is doing a good job

I am a college student using a Powerbook G4. I guess you could say I "switched" in 2004. However, I had been using Apple computers in schools for years before that. I must say I have never had a real problem with Apple. I have friends who have had good experiences getting parts fixed right in the Apple store.. My PB HD did fail after 2.5 years which seems lame but I would encode on it for like 15-20 hours pretty often.

Most of my friend use Apple computers as well. The BSOD was starting to become as common as commercials and well the Macintosh "It just works" attitude is mostly true. We all used Macs in school and it seemed like a good idea. Smart move, BTW, Hook em while their young!

Last year was huge for Apple. While they can't release a product as "hyped" as the iPhone every year I am confident (hopeful) 2008 is going to be just as awesome of a year for the company..

I'm waiting for my Mac Pro... only 9 more days until they ship it!

7. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

sounds like "viral" market research to me....;)

8. rouxeny macrumors 6502

Hi

The first computer my family owned was a "Pineapple" Apple IIe copy sometime in the early 80's. I also used a fair amount of macs through my educational years, but finally bought my own in 2005 after years of home PC use, mostly because a girl I had dated really liked them and I really liked her. That didn't work out so well, but I'm glad I switched. Since then, I've helped convince 2 more people to switch and am myself waiting (excruciatingly) for my Mac Pro to arrive. At this point, I can't imagine going back to Windows, it just seems so "clunky."

I also made the jump into Apple stocks, figuring I should own stock in the companies I believe. Plus, I may have gotten carried away with the 250 point estimates that were floating around out there. Again, that hasn't worked out so well as of right now, but I'm wondering if this current low period is a time to buy again.

9. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Can't live without mine. :)

(also, if you don't want your threads to be deleted in the future, please make sure you file them in the most relevant forum. We have a lot to choose from! ;) )