Apple customers: LISTEN UP!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ElRojito, May 6, 2012.

1. ElRojito macrumors regular

I just posted this is another thread but decided ti move it because I think it's important for the general public. It's a rant, enjoy it!

What I don't understand is why people expect god-like technology.

From the beginning of time, not everything has always worked perfectly. Hell, you're even dying as you sit there reading this. Now, complaining about recievibg a refurbished phone, you do realize that those phones are made by the same great company that makes the new ones, right? Quality is still guaranteed. How do you expect apple to make money if they give out phones to you whiners that have home buttons that "click" too loudly and then not recycle those phones somehow? The phones, even the first one, we're not "new" when you got a warranty phone. Apple is FAR too kind and lenient about their warranty to have you babies on here whining. I can't think of another company that is so willing to fix my product.

Step outside of yourself and think about it! Apple has the best customer service I have ever seen and they deserve a thumbs-up.

I have always thought of my Apple warranty not as a warranty on the phone, but as a guarantee from apple that I will at LEAST have a working phone for a year, at very least. That's why they are willing to give you another phone--it's refurbed, doesn't work? They'll cover that, too.

I love all of these people that think they are entitled to new things etc. Apple doesn't NEED to do this stuff. If you crash your car into a tree after driving off the lot, you wouldn't say "that was the dealers fault." but with apple products it seems that customers think that it's apples fault for not making a crash landing device for when it falls.

End of rant-- short version: stop crying about the amazing warranty!

2. ElRojito thread starter macrumors regular

Much

3. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Quality rant, I must say.

But a rant it remains.

:p

4. ElRojito thread starter macrumors regular

True. But maybe a few will learn something.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I didn't learn anything, but you expressed my feelings.

Sort of preaching to the choir.:p :D

6. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I hate to ignite an argument here but I don't think comparing a computer or mobile device to a car is fair. Especially if we're talking about the fragile iPhone 4 or 4s. I expect a certain degree of durability and if it takes me spending extra money to protect my device from damage then I think that apples design as failed. A car and a phone do not compare. You wouldn't leave your phone outside overnight in the rain like you would a car. They don't compare.

7. 184550 Guest

I learned you don't proofread or spell check your posts.

8. jcortez85 macrumors newbie

I don't think the OP meant that you should literally compare it to a car. No way I could drive my iPhone to work.

9. ElRojito, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012

ElRojito thread starter macrumors regular

It's completely fair and I'm not comparing the actual product, I'm comparing the failed logic of the customers that purchase these phones. Why do you still have an iPhone if you're complaining? Get rid of it. It's like giving poor people nice things--they can't pay for the repairs so it all of a sudden becomes someone else's problem. The phone is made of glass, you realize that--right? I have thrown these phones at the ground (asphalt) and had no issues. The design hasn't failed, you're just cheap.
    In addition, the phone for every-day use is totally durable. If you're breaking this phone, you're not treating it right. Let's use a bike example instead: you jump your bike and bend the rim and then go to the bike shop an say "I was jumping and it bent." don't you think that the guy at the counter might just look at you and think "well... Duh. Buy the bike that's made for jumping." I bought my phone to call and text people, not to play hockey with.

----------

Hey, for doing it on my phone--it wasn't that bad. Amirite? A few extra commas here and there and spelling.

10. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Has anyone actually complained that their home button was too noisy?

If so, humanity has tipped the stupidity scale and we should start the purge.

11. 184550 Guest

Hey, you had hopes we might learn something. ;)

12. ElRojito thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. Sadly.

And I did learn something! I fixed that post haha.

13. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

For what it's worth, and while I may agree with your other points, that's not exactly a fair comparison.

It should be more like you crashing your car to dropping your phone - they're both accidents, and in both cases you have to pay to get it fixed.

A home-button being too loud would be more comparable to your gear-shifter making a little noise when it moves - ignorable, but still annoying :p.

14. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

15. ElRojito thread starter macrumors regular

Thats what I am getting at. Dropping vs crashing. Also, it may be annoying, but if it works fine-you're out of luck. The people that complain about a shifter noise are people that don't understand them and that's the same with the phones. As long as friction happens you'll have varying noises etc. so, maybe all the complainers should figure out how to defeat basic laws of physics so the phones don't drop or make noise anymore. You would be amazed to see how many people say "I dropped my phone" and expect a free one.

16. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I realize that but the point still stands.

obviously it wasn't meant to play hockey with and I agree that a "clicky" home button is not an issue that merits a replacement but the idea that my phone needs to be babied to such a degree that a fall for less than a few feet would damage it is unacceptable. I sincerely hope they go back to a design similar to the first iPhone with the next generation. I think that we can all agree that the iPhone 4 and 4s needs at least minimal protection to stay in a like new condition since just setting a table can scratch the glass over a short amount of time. I dont think that's right. Durability should be a big factor in the design of the phone. I'd trade a lot more durability for less aesthetics. The OS is more critical to me anyways.

17. ElRojito thread starter macrumors regular

I have zero case or screen protector since December. I can post pictures if you want. No matter the material, gravity still exists. I figure that if you cant pay the price, just simply don't buy it. It's not apples fault that you don't like it. You act as though you were forced to purchase the iPhone. News flash: you weren't. You could have stuck with an old one or another phone but you didn't. Apple gave you an option and you chose it. If apple obligated everyone to purchase an iPhone, you may have an argument, but since we have a choice you're argument is invalid.

18. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Agree to disagree

19. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

20. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I want my two minutes of life back that I spent reading that :D.

21. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I hope you're not talking to me...

22. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Nope, just the newbie replying to every single comment in the thread about a rant nobody cares about.

23. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

There are Pros & Cons to everything.

Pro: Apples brilliant carefully calculated marketing sells record breaking numbers of product.

Con: Apples marketing causes many buyers expections to skyrocket to unrealistic levels.