Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
Pretty smart app, I wonder why it took nine years, or six, whenever android started to really take off, to do it. I would also like to know why they don't apply this sort of engineering talent to creating a phone back up when Apple tells users that they must do a complete wipe of the phone and may not back up their data and restore it because of some corruption. It would seem that this sort of application would really make that process a lot less painful.

Reactions: TechFann

TechFann

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2014
Does anyone know if you can use this with apps and messages, etc already on your phone? I have some old text messages on my android phone that I'd like to transfer over to my iPhone without messing anything up.

jdogg836

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Oklahoma
I hope it doesn't require one of the latest Android OS as we have learned nobody has them installed currently :rolleyes:

It requires 4.0 or later, which according to the most recent Android User breakdown places it somewhere around 95% of users will be able to use the app. I know how this site likes to perceive the fragmentation, but these numbers are pretty solid.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Great move! I have to ask the obvious question though, will Apple allow an iOS app called 'Move to Android'?

They already have, it's iOS 7 running on an iPhone 4. They really did a great job to simulate the frustrating lagginess of Android. :D

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
They already have, it's iOS 7 running on an iPhone 4. They really did a great job to simulate the frustrating lagginess of Android. :D
Touche! Very true. I have an older iPhone 4 that I was as an iPod / Pandora player, dear God it is slow! It was a mistake putting iOS 7 on iPhone 4, but I guess they had to because they were still selling iPhone 4 (for like 3 months)

MitaRacr

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2015
Does anyone know if you can use this with apps and messages, etc already on your phone? I have some old text messages on my android phone that I'd like to transfer over to my iPhone without messing anything up.

Apps - No.
Text messages - Yes but your current messages in iPhone will be replaced with your old messages from android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.