Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Beats by Dre brand today announced the upcoming launch of a new set of limited edition Powerbeats Pro earbuds that have been designed in collaboration with fashion designer Melody Ehsani.

apple-powerbeats-pro-special-edition.jpg

Available in two split colorways that include pink/red and blue/yellow, the earbuds both have a little eye logo and a saying: "If you can read this you're too close."

The Powerbeats Pro are set to launch on Friday, November 11, and they will be available on Apple's website. Apple has not shared pricing, but standard Powerbeats Pro are priced at $250.

Powerbeats Pro are fitness-focused earbuds for athletes, featuring silicone ear tips and earhooks to hold the earbuds securely in the ears.

An H1 chip is included for features like spatial audio, fast device switching, automatic connection, and more, and they feature IPX4 sweat and water resistance.

The earbuds offer nine hours of listening time, which can be extended to 24 hours with the included charging case. There are on-device volume and track controls, along with "Hey Siri" support, a fast charge feature, and Find My integration.

Article Link: Apple Debuts Special Edition Powerbeats Pro in Fun New Colorways

randolorian

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2011
Is there a difference in meaning between "in fun new colors" and "in fun new colorways" in this context?

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
It doesn't matter who the "collab" or "Beats x Blah-Blah-Blah" person is...these buds are still gonna sound like having subwoofers in your ears. And why no Yeezy/Ye version? He's available for co-branding right now!
;-)

Reactions: zachz

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
Oh no how embarrassing! I’ve been on the internet long enough to know that the quote SHOULD go:
“If you can reed this your to clothes”

Hopefully they’ll have an opportunity to fix this before it ships.

• Disagree
Reactions: Huck and Smoovejayy

Archmage

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2003
Michigan, USA
I have the original and sound wise they are fairly good. not too "base heavy" like their bigger brethren. Sad that it's out a re-skining of the originals. Was hopping at some point they'd get updated specs.
I’m waiting for updated specs too! I’m hoping for USB-C charging, MagSafe charging, and whatever the new Apple Watch charging on the AirPods Pro is called.

Until then, I’m sticking with my PowerBeats4.

mansplains

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2021
It doesn't matter who the "collab" or "Beats x Blah-Blah-Blah" person is...these buds are still gonna sound like having subwoofers in your ears. And why no Yeezy/Ye version? He's available for co-branding right now!
;-)
Matching color of the stem player while we're bumping Donda 2 :cool:

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I'm surprised that the design is attributed to Melody Ehsani.

The art style seems directly taken from Drake's "If you're reading this it's too late" album cover.

Even the eye seems inspired by Drake (Summer Sixteen cover).

I don't know who Melody Ehsani is, but as far as I know she's not responsible for Drake's stuff.

-griffy-

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
Waiting for some actual new Powerbeats Pro that are brought back up to feature parity with Airpods Pro. Give me some noise cancelling/transparency mode on some buds that have earhooks please.

Berti10

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2012
I‘m wearing those right now. They are from the first batch in 2019. Still buggy e.g. the sound changes after using Siri, and the case is trash, often charging only one Earpiece and letting the other one go to 0.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.