Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MorganK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
I got my new i7 15" MBP on Monday evening. I haven't had much of a chance to play with it. Tonight I went to really check it out and put a Speck case on it. The case wouldn't fit on right. I noticed the bottom wasn't a secure fit, the plate hadn't been seated properly when it was screwed down. It is up over the edge making the bottom uneven. Also on that same area on the palm rest there is an elevated part. I could probably fix the bottom panel myself, but the raised part on the palm rest I couldn't.

So I called them up to see what could be done. They sent me to sales who declared it to be DOA and ordered a new one. I was just checking to make sure they put the order through and they didn't even get my specs right! Now I have to call them back and get them to fix it. I am highly annoyed by this whole process!

Here's pics of the bottom...couldn't get a shot showing the raised part of the palm rest.

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0147-1.jpg

ozreth

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2009
That ended up happening to my 2.8 MBP after about a year, just not that bad. Bummer.

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
You bought the computer on monday or you got your replacement on monday?

If you bought it monday, why don't you just exchange it for a brand new one? I wouldnt deal with just a new part.

MorganK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
You bought the computer on monday or you got your replacement on monday?

If you bought it monday, why don't you just exchange it for a brand new one? I wouldnt deal with just a new part.

It is a CTO that was delivered on Monday. They aren't sending a new part--they put in an order for a new machine, they just did not replicate my initial order (no AG, 7200 rpm HD)

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Why have you not called them back to the correct the order? :confused: People make mistakes. So you have to spend five to ten minutes of your time to have Apple correct their mistake. Is that asking too much?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.