Apple delivery range mistake

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by vFastChris, May 17, 2015.

1. vFastChris macrumors member

vFastChris

I ordered a Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Milanese Loop
    with apple care and a spare band (42mm Green Sport Band) on 13 May 2015. Day after the order (14th) I check the order status to find it had changed to Dispatched 1-2 Weeks. Delivery 22-29 May. I thought Amazing they much have court up with orders now. I checked again yesterday to find that only the sports band now was showing May with the Watch showing end of July. DAM APPLE.

The reply I got back from Apple in their live chat was:

It was just a mistake on our part and I do apologise for that, but it is only the Strap that has the 22/5-29/5 estimation.

Attached Files:

2. vFastChris thread starter macrumors member

vFastChris

Anyone else had their delivery give a 2 week window then changed?

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Doesn't look like yours changed. When you checked the delivery window (prior to placing your order for the 42mm SS ML) you would have seen the delivery window, and it wasn't 1-2 weeks.

The Sport bands, however, do have that delivery window. This is why I wish Apple would require each item on a separate purchase order. There would be no confusion.

4. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

I had the same brief moment of "yeah!" Followed by "darn!"

I'm in processing for my 42 SS BSB orders afternoon of 4/10.

I then ordered a spare charger, a black leather loop and a 42 Sporr Blue band for my wife on 5/1. Already got he charger, the band is now 2-3 weeks and the Warch has a "July" date. It changed to 2-3 weeks with same window as the band. I was stoked. Then I went back to double check and it shifted to 5-7 weeks.

Dang. Oh well - I ordered way late. It'll get here when it gets here.

5. vFastChris thread starter macrumors member

vFastChris

Just got a email from apple to say the watch will be dispatched in the next 5-7 weeks and the order status has gone back to 22-29 May

6. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

And I had mine say 2 weeks, then back to 5-7 and is now back down to 2-3 weeks.

*shrug*

It'll get here when it gets here.