Apple Delivery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dpat, Nov 19, 2007.

1. dpat macrumors newbie

I am a university student and bought an apple macbook pro (my first apple ever) on 29th October. They got my delivery address and billing address mixed up and had my billing address as delivery address. The laptop was meant to be delivered on 13th November and now its 19th. Every time I call apple they give me a new date for delivery and today I have been told that "there is no gaurantee when will I get my laptop" and that all that the customer service people can do is tell me what it says on there database!!

The fact that apple are trying to get more people to "switch", I am convinced I should have just bought a normal laptop instead. If I am having these many problems when I havent even got the macbook pro, I dont even want to imagine what sorts of problems I am going to have when and if I do get my laptop.

I will update this thread now each day as to whats become of my order.

2. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

You will find it's the courier's fault, not Apple's. Over here it's UPS. Once they've shipped out of their factory, UPS do the rest. There's no way Apple can tell them to stop and come back or whatever, just like you couldn't if you sent something to a friend via courier.

You will also find that when you get your MBP, it will be the nicest computer you've ever used.

3. dpat thread starter macrumors newbie

update

I just got off the phone with apple. The person said that the laptop is in China and has not been shipped yet!! When I told him that I was informed that the laptop was in Northern Ireland (wrong address) last week, he appologised and said that the laptop is in Belfast. I then said that the laptop was meant to be shipped to England over the weekend to be delivered to me in Liverpool on Tueasday the 20th. The person then went away for a bit and said that the laptop has been returned to their warehouse in England and will be shipped from there. He then said that there was no gaurantee as to when will I get the laptop.

I requested to speak to the supervisor which is when he put me on hold and later on hung up!!!

I called back again and this time a different representative informed me that the laptop was at england warehouse and its going to take 5-7 working days to ship it. (My original delivery address was 13th November!!!).

So much Apple customer service. lol. I guess this is what happens when companies realise that people are dying to buy their products round the world and therefore dont give a donkeys about customer care anymore.

I wish there was a way to contact Steve Jobs and tell him how "awesome" his company is when it comes to dealing with their customers or even buying the bloody product.