Apple designers attending Paris fashion week

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I noticed on Instagram that several Apple designers mentioned they are attending Paris fashion week this week. The photo below appears to be a private plane and it looks like Jony Ive and Marc Newson in the background. I'd be very curious to know what Apple designers are doing at Paris fashion week and just what Apple is up to. In the Charlie Rose interview Cook did say Apple was working on stuff that hasn't been rumored yet. Perhaps more stuff in the wearables space? What a life flying on private planes drinking champagne. :cool:

Last edited:

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Seems like trying to turn Apple into a fashion company, beyond what it already is.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Looks like Apple designers are wearing the :apple:Watch in public. I wonder how far away it really is from prime time.

Last edited:

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
If denying the Edition (and to a lesser extent the Watch) is going to be a fashion targeted watch, how do you explain Apple sending a group of designers/engineers to Fashion week in France?????:eek:

If this isn't strong and convincing evidence of a multi-thousand dollar Edition targeted as jewelry/fashion then what would it take (besides an Apple announcement)?

The evidence is piling up and so far there is very little evidence to support an inexpensive Edition.

Last edited:

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
So for all the people who are denying the Edition (and to a lesser extent the Watch) is going to be a fashion targeted watch, how do you explain Apple sending a group of designers/engineers to Fashion week in France?????:eek:

If this isn't strong and convincing evidence of a multi-thousand dollar Edition targeted as jewelry/fashion then what would it take (besides an Apple announcement)?
It is already targeted as fashion, regardless of the price point.

There are cool inexpensive garment brands.

To be accepted as a classy luxury product is a different thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.