apple dev program

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by phreebees, Sep 8, 2009.

1. phreebees macrumors member

Hello, I was wondering what it means when they cant verify my identity? I payed the 108 to get into the program and I received an email to activate my account. After clicking the link in the email it took me a page that says they couldnt verify my identity..does anyone know what thats supposed to mean? I did everything backwards it seems, I created an app before signing up for the program T_T

2. firewood macrumors 604

Make sure you are logged into the correct ADC account, if you have more than one.

3. phreebees thread starter macrumors member

thanks for your response. I just received another email from apple stating the following :

".....please complete this form in its entirety and fax it along
    with a notarized or solicitor certified photocopy of your government issued photo identification..."

and below that
    Provide Notarization or Solicitor Certification Stamp Below:

my question is what is a Notarization or Solicitor Certification Stamp.

Do I just send the form along with a copy of my Drivers License?

Thanks.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

The copy of your driver's license needs to be notarized by a public notary or certified by a solicitor (lawyer).

5. phreebees thread starter macrumors member

Does that mean I have to take it to the county clerks office to have them stamp the copy? Thats a ton of work T_T

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You think that's a ton of work? Wow, how did you manage to develop a whole iPhone app? Look, find a local notary (a family member or friend might even be one; otherwise probably find one at The UPS Store or Kinko's among many other places you might find one), get your document notarized, and fax it back to Apple. This really isn't that difficult, probably.

7. phreebees thread starter macrumors member

lol, I'm sorry if that last comment rubbed off the wrong way. I meant no disrespect. Thanks for your information though, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.
    Regards

8. billnmay macrumors newbie

>>>After clicking the link in the email it took me a page that says they couldnt verify my identity..does anyone know what thats supposed to mean?

I called the phone number given on the web page. In my case, the problem was that I had (previously) entered my middle initial on the credit card form but not elsewhere on the developer form, thus my name didn't match. The phone rep made an immediate correction, and I was able to skip the notary step. Definitely worth the phone call (considering free long distance in the US).