Apple Developer Connection Memberships

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stonyc, Apr 1, 2009.

1. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

The terms are quite clear for the student program, but here's my question...

http://developer.apple.com/products/mac/program/hardware.html

For the Select Membership, when you click on the Compare Memberships link, it states that the Select Member may make one eligible hardware purchase per year. Is the membership fee a one-time purchase, or does it need to be renewed at $499/year? I must be stupid or missing something, but it can't be a one-time fee can it? If it's a one-time fee, that actually sounds really good for what you get. Just as an FYI, I'm going to be starting a bioinformatics program in the fall and although I doubt that I will be buying a new system every year (wow, I wish!), the savings from the hardware discount could almost pay for itself after 1 purchase.

If anyone is a Select Member, could you please share your experience with this program and what it entails? Thanks very much in advance.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. stonyc thread starter macrumors 65816

stonyc

Thanks. I had a sneaking suspicion that I was interpreting it wrong, but I couldn't find the right term language when looking at that site yesterday.