Apple Developer Verification Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adam976, Aug 16, 2014.

1. adam976 macrumors newbie

Hi guys/girls,

I recently purchased an apple $99 iOS subscription. Initially, everything went smoothly with email verified and subscription supposedly paid for. However, when I returned to the apple member centre, this message appeared:

"We are unable to verify your identity. Please contact us for further assistance."

Ive checked all my details and the credit card I used matched my details exactly. So I'm really confused.

Also, I have a deadline to upload this application as it is for a rather large business so I don't want to waste their time.

Much appreciated!

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

That would be my best guess.

3. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Lmao common sense doesn't exist anymore I guess.

4. adam976 thread starter macrumors newbie

Why patronise people for? I already have contacted them several times. That's not what I'm asking. Is their another and more convent way to go about it.

I just discovered the issue. It says my username is "Adam Z***" which i changed to another name to match the billing details of my card. However, it still says "Adam Z***" despite me changing it, which is most likely causing the identity problem.

Any solutions? Or have to wait for apple's delayed responses -.-

5. stuffradio macrumors 65816

Your username is Adam Z*** or your name on the application is Adam Z***? It shouldn't matter what username you choose. Your username can be adam976 and that wouldn't make a difference. Besides, you login with your Apple ID in the developer centre, so I'm confused.

6. adam976 thread starter macrumors newbie

What I mean:

the apple ID is conflicting:

- it says that my name is Adam Z*** but my credit card is under another name, hence the identity warning

7. stuffradio macrumors 65816

OH, I have my own Credit Card, and only with one name. I don't know what steps you should take in that case. My application went through without a hitch, besides giving my soul away to Apple by giving all my information.

8. adam976 thread starter macrumors newbie

seems like Im going to have give developer support a ring tomorrow and sort it all out. My dad isn't too happy with 'pending' transfers on his credit card accounts.. I'm under age that's why there was two sets of names...

9. stuffradio macrumors 65816

Good luck getting it through in not too much time!

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That happened to me when there was a slight discrepancy with my name on the credit card and my name I used to fill out the form (one had my middle initial the other did not)

A simple phone call, will resolve the issue rather quickly.