Apple Device and Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ryan101, Sep 12, 2013.

1. ryan101 macrumors member

A while ago I wrote a post here about the Magic Mouse running out of charge on an almost a daily basis. One of things that people recommended was the Mobee Magic battery device for the mouse. Although it's kind of solved the battery charging issue, meaning it lasts almost a week now (I think), I now have another problem. By the way I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the Mobee product, the flap on the battery thing seemed poor quality and flimsy.

Anyway, back to my main point. Now I have the Trackpad and the Keyboard which is needing regular battery change. For some reason Apple devices don't last long on Energizer Rechargeable Batteries. It's supposed to be one of the well known brands, even then it does not last long. Anyway, now I have to buy another Mobee product, or maybe two more.

I looked at the Mobee product that I think will be suitable for my Keyboard and Trackpad, and it's this one, http://www.mobeetechnology.com/the-magic-bar.html , does anyone know if it comes with two batteries or one. I think one, based on what I read on the included pack.

I am surprised after all this time Apple have not thought about solving this problem. I am sure this has been raised a thousand times before. Apple is supposed to be a premium product. This just feels like cost saving on Apple's part to me. If you know your customers will run out of charge very quickly, then you make plans or products to make sure they don't or am I asking for too much!

2. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

This is not a typical problem.

A week for a mouse or keyboard is really, really poor. Since you're having the same problem with mouse and keyboard the common denominator, the rechargeable batteries, enters the picture.

Which type of rechargeable battery are you using, NiCad, or NiMH (it'll be printed on the battery), and are they new, or have you been using them for a while with other items?

3. ryan101 thread starter macrumors member

There are 100's of posts about this on the internet. It is a well known issue that any brand of battery does not last long on Magic Mouse. I have tried most batteries on it. So I know it's not batteries. If 100's of other people are writing about it as well, then it can't just be my batteries, right? That's why product like the Mobee exist because it's such a common issue that they created a market out of it. That's my opinion. I don't have the time to become an Apple battery expert. But just by reading around on the internet, that's what I get.