Apple devices cannot connect to EduRoam

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jan UNI, May 19, 2016.

1. Jan UNI macrumors newbie

Hello, i will try to explain our problems as good as i can.

We have a couple of MacBook Pros, quite a few iPhones and some iPads that need to be connected to eduroam wifi all the time. In the morning hours there is no problem with connection but after the lunch brake (when all those apple and other devices disconnect from eduroam) apple devices cannot connect back to eduroam. On MacBook pro the error states that there is another device in network with the same ip (which was assigned by DHCP). On our DHCP server we can see that the ip assigned to macbook is only designated to that device. Release doesn't do anything.
    Is there something that DHCP has to do differently with apple devices?
    Other devices with android or windows OS don't have this problem.

If there is any additional info you need to know please ask. I don't know what would be the problem.

2. joe-h2o macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure what the problem is here but it sounds like a configuration issue with the DHCP server or the authentication server - we have a bunch of Macs connected to our university's implementation of Eduroam (spanning 2.4 and 5 GHz enterprise APs) and have only had problems when the Macs have trouble deciding which band is currently "best" and keeps hopping between them.