Apple Devices Running iOS 13 Spotted in Analytics

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 2, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple is already working on the next-generation version of iOS, iOS 13. Based on visits to the MacRumors website from Apple IP addresses on devices running iOS 13, work on the update has been picking up over the course of the last few months.

We first spotted devices running iOS 13 in October, and in November and December, visits from iPhones with iOS 13 installed have increased. Visits slowed during late December, but should pick up again now that the holidays are over and work is continuing.

[​IMG]

Apple often starts work on new versions of iOS many months in advance, and we've already learned some details about what we can expect in iOS 13. There were several iOS 12 features that were delayed to allow Apple to work on bug fixes and other under-the-hood improvements, and we're expecting to see these delayed features introduced in iOS 13.

Rumors have suggested iOS 13 will include new features aimed at iPad owners, such as a revamped Files app, in-app tabs for opening multiple windows of the same app, support for using the same app side-by-side in Split View multitasking mode, and more.

Other delayed iOS 12 features include a revamped Home screen app grid for the iPhone and iPad, and expanded photo management features.

More details on what we can expect to see in iOS 13 will undoubtedly leak out in the coming months as Apple continues to ramp up testing of the update.

MacRumors readers have shared a list of features that they're hoping to see introduced in iOS 13, including a Messages hub, dark mode, an option to hide or remove the Dock, settings to select default Mail, Maps, and Messages apps, and more. If you have iOS 13 features you're hoping for, feel free to share them on our forums.

Apple will give us a first look at iOS 13 when it hosts its annual Worldwide Developers Conference, which, historically, has taken place during the first few weeks of June.

Article Link: Apple Devices Running iOS 13 Spotted in Analytics

2. mous94410 macrumors 6502

mous94410

3. scottwaugh macrumors 6502

Interesting, they're already playing with it.

Second the dark mode for iOS option request - with OLED there can actually be some benefits (battery use) beyond the dark color palette, although I'm guessing they're small.

4. ghostface147 macrumors 68030

ghostface147

Must be some early alpha stuff that is crashing all day, everyday. Much like iOS 11.

5. GuruZac macrumors 6502a

GuruZac

Can't wait for iOS 13. Let's hope since they delayed it, they've had time to iron out the bugs. The new home screen grid will be nice, and the iPad features in particular are welcomed as I use my 10.5 iPP all the time for school and often wish I could open two windows for the same app. I've always wondered why Apple built in so much performance to the iPad Pros then hamstrung them by not allowing more functionality.

6. entropys macrumors 6502

entropys

Turning the Files app into a full fledged file manager, flexible tabs and windowing, and comprehensive peripheral support would be my Wishlist for the iPad Pro.

7. dgdosen macrumors 68000

dgdosen

Can you tell if those users recorded mouse input? :)

8. MyMacintosh macrumors 6502

MyMacintosh

Hopefully it brings more innovation to the iPhone because iOS has been stale for way too long

9. lunarworks macrumors 68000

They've almost certainly had an iOS 13 development branch open since before iOS 12 was finished, given that certain new features were shifted to it.

10. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

i have no major issues with iOS on iPhone. I mean its dated but I can do everything I need. On iPad the story is different...I just got new iPad Pro and the rumored updates in iOS 13 is a lipstick on the pig approach. It needs total revamp. The 6x4 grid is a joke on 12.9 iPad. The multitasking is horrific experience in 2019 and the lack of touchpad on the folio is a huge mistake IMHO. The iPad is such a promising technology, but while 6 or 7 years ago I could do 90% things on iPad and still needed laptop for the remaining 10% the situation in 2019 is exactly the same. That is not acceptable and shows lack of clear vision on the development front. The hardware runs circles around iOS12...

11. sos47 macrumors regular

sos47

dark mode - ok - if you want (boring) but please put all photos app features from macOS to iOS. thanks

12. meaning-matters macrumors 6502

meaning-matters

13. Octopuss macrumors newbie

Dark mode for few who cares, plenty of bugs and myriad of new emojis - hurray new ios

14. GadgetBen macrumors 6502a

GadgetBen

Guys, please!

Can we at least enjoy our current devices and iOS 12 until Easter?

15. mcfrazieriv macrumors 6502a

mcfrazieriv

It's such a weird world we live in. Someone at Apple running an unreleased OS visiting (specifically) a rumors mill. Same mill that loves to do product spotlights and run downs of products released over the past year at year close. The relationship here is wild.

16. Dexterama macrumors regular

I wonder if some of the features in ios 13 for the iPad will be limited to the 2019 iPad Pros, because those are speculated to have 6 GB RAM standard across all configurations. It would be typical of Apple.

17. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

It’s inevitable that evidence of unreleased software will show up all over the internet. What’s the point of a policy that would prohibit from visiting a site like this? The info will get scraped elsewhere anyway and it’s not like it’s a secret they’re working on it so it’s not really a big deal. I wouldn’t be surprised if the android sites see traffic as well.

18. nt5672 macrumors 68000

All they have to do to generate this rumor is change the version number, then compile. There does not need to be any real changes. Look at all of the past betas that had no confirmed changes. The stock is getting hammered right now, what better time then now to generate a little bit of fake news.

19. Xardas220 macrumors member

Xardas220

I've speculated the same for the iPhone-lineup. I've an iPhone 7 and thought if the 2GB RAM of my iPhone are maybe too little for some of the features of iOS 13 to run smoothly. Now in iOS 12 my phone is running nearly as fluid and smooth as it was on iOS 10. For iOS 13 it could change that fact. Mhh...

20. Tech198 macrumors G5

Anything to increase battery usage huh ? They already have Low power setting.... not enough? How much battery do we want out of devices? We're constantly demanding more and more.. Apple gives us what we want, and its still not enough..

Just don't load up the device with apps, try and not all all those good features that make it "better". I guess Apple is as much to blame as us.

Apple - for giving us these features (and)
    Us - for using them.

I wish we felt this same way on the mac :)

21. forerunnerg34 macrumors 6502

forerunnerg34

I think those delayed features are functionalities to encourage users to buy new devices.:D

22. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

Can’t wait. I am really only looking forward to software features moving forward with my iOS devices. They’re pretty much as good as it gets from a hardware and design perspective, aside from the inevitable removal of the notch and speed enhancements. I can’t wait to see where they take the iPad, feels like the early OS X days to me. So much potential and room for growth.

23. Blackstick macrumors 6502a

Blackstick

Release is in 9 months, they’ve been playing with it for 6 months already, easily.

24. rowspaxe macrumors 68020

rowspaxe

Honestly, who cares and why?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 2, 2019 ---
    Exactly. 12 was a nothing burger and 13 is likely more of the same.

25. xero9 macrumors 6502a

And I also hear the pope is catholic. Who would have thought!