Apple diagnostic tools

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rans0m00, Aug 26, 2010.

1. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

So I go into the Apple store to complain about my phone over heating when its in the shade and the room temp is close to 70. They plug my phone into one of their macs and run a diagnostic on it. It brings up how many hard resets, over heats, max temps, and I don't know what else. Was checking to see if these tools can be accessed by the general public or only from the Apple stores? Its more curiosity than need but figure it would be an interesting thing to play with.

2. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

its called behavior scan...and thats for their eyes only......but i have seen it work and its impressive

3. rans0m00 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it was and +1 for Apple support on not failing me. They threw out a serious of steps I could do to reduce the chances of this happening or I can just try a different iPhone. Opted for the new phone and was out of the store in decently short order. Just why did I not remember to get my wrapsol off the back of my old phone :(